I Love You 3000

Your P.O.V.

After me and Chaewon danced for I don't know how long, we went back to the table to eat.

"Finally, we thought you two would dance all night in each other's arms." Chaeyeon said and they all laughed, agreeing with what they heard.

"I want to, but I don't want her to get tired." Chaewon stated as we both sat at the empty chairs.

I gave her an are-you-serious?! look and she just shrugged with a huge grin on her face.

Before I can devour the delicious meal waiting in front of me, something seemed off. I looked around the table and figured that someone was missing.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Yena and Yuri went somewhere, and I think Wonyoung's still with Jisung." Minju answered.

I gave her a nod and went on to eat. That lucky guy...

After filling in my stomach, I suddenly had the urge to go outside and get some cold air while staring at the stars.

"Hey, Chaewon." I leaned closer in order for her to hear my whisper.

"Hm?" I was flustered when she faced me and it was only then that I realized our faces were super close with each other.

I got speechless for a while and got lost in her eyes. I felt her breathing against my face and my mind just went blank.

"I, uh, just need to go out for a bit." I muttered and slowly retreated.

"You want me to come with you?" she questioned and I instantly shook my head as an answer.

"It's okay. It'll only be for a short while." I gave her a smile and she just nodded.

"Sure. But make it really quick because they'll be announcing the prom king and queen soon." she replied and it was my turn to nod.

I didn't waste any time and headed out the doors like there was something waiting for me outside.

Well, there was.

Or so I thought.

As soon as I went out, I saw two figures standing next to each other a few meters away. And I already knew who it was.

I could almost scoff at the sight I was seeing, but I just turned to walk to the other direction away from them.

When I saw a clearing where I could just sit and stargaze, I beamed and immediately plopped down comfortably.

I leaned at the wall behind me and gazed up at the night sky, admiring how every star shined no matter how far they were.

There was just this warm feeling that sprouted inside me whenever I watched the stars. It was like falling in love over and over again.

"Why do you love staring at the stars so much?"

I was startled when someone spoke and went to sit beside me.

I eyed her up and down, confused at what she was doing here when just a while ago she was somewhere else.

"What?" she asked again.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned her.

She laughed and looked away from me as she crossed her arms.

"I asked first, but okay. I saw you went here so I followed you." she grinned, her side profile facing me.

"Why?" I asked again.