Memory

Wonyoung's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyelids, feeling its weight due to sleepless nights I spent crying. I hated the sun not only for hurting my eyes, but also for rising and shining like nothing bad had happened.

Ever since that day, I started to hate everything. Especially myself.

I blamed myself for not trying to protect her from what was going to happen. My friends told me that it was an accident, but it was not.

I know who crashed the car on Y/n.

When the ambulance came, it was already too late. She was gone, and her jerk of a father ran away.

I thought that maybe if I approached him before he could escape, I would've served justice for her death. But if I did that, I would have just left her on the cold ground, without even hearing her last words.

Many thoughts were bugging in my head, and my chest beared too much pain that I almost lost the will to live.

I never got out of my room ever since I came home. I barely ate for days and my room is a mess. But I don't really care.

Weeks had passed and I just miss her too much. I would do anything, everything to have her back. But I know that would be impossible.

A tear escaped my eyes once again as I hugged her hoodie that she wore before changing into my clothes back when I took her to the beach. It was the only thing I had that still has her scent.

My eyes were very heavy but I cried again. This grief was too much and I don't think I can handle living a life without her. It felt like I was stabbed a lot of times. But I would rather experience that than losing her.

There were still so many things I wish I'd done with her. So many words I have yet to tell her. And so many chances I have left to show her how much I love her.

If only I told her what I felt much sooner...

I heard a knock on my door, but I didn't respond because it was probably just my mom who brought me breakfast.

But when it opened, it was someone else.

"Wow, you look like a zombie." Yujin exclaimed.

I kept a blank face and did nothing. Then she closed the door behind her and sat beside me.

"If you're here to take me outside you're just wasting your time." I spoke in a monotonous voice.

"Oh, I won't be wasting my time. You will be coming out of this hell, whether you like it or not." she said and stood up, removing the blanket off of me in the process.

I groaned at the loss of warmth and just turned to the other side, with the piece of cloth still in my arms.

"Come oonnn, Wonyoung. If Y/n was here, she wouldn't want you like this." she sighed while trying to pull me out of the bed.

My body tensed at hearing her name from another person.

"If she was here, I wouldn't be like this in the first place." I muttered as another tear dropped down my cheeks.

Yujin didn't say another word. Instead I felt her sat down at the bed.

The silence wasn't awkward. I took it as a comfort and breathed deeply while sniffing the scent from the hoodie.

"I'm sorry." she was the first to break the silence.

"It's not your fault." I replied.

"I just want you to stop being like this. I know it's hard for you, but we lost her too. We're also trying our best to cope up." she stated.