jack and mark, wasteland giant

Older writing

Jack's pov

I woke up expecting to be sleeping comfortably in my own bed, but the ground I was laying ontop of didn't feel like any bed I've ever slept on. I felt the ground beneath me and frowned in confusion feeling some sort of sand or dirt between my fingers. I opened my eyes and instead of the familiar white ceiling right above me I saw a clear blue sky that allowed the sun to shine brightly in my eyes, blinding them for a moment.

What the!? What happened last night!?

I tried to remember something that would explain why I was outside, but nothing came up. How in the world did I end up here?

Begrudgingly I sit up, stretching my arms out to relieve the stiff muscles. I look around, confused, expecting to see my own backyard or at least anything familiar. But there was nothing I could see that I recognise. Honestly from what I could tell I was in the middle of nowhere, sand at every turn and the occasional dried up bush sprinkled throughout.

I quickly stand up, moving the sand beneath me, and try looking for literally anything other then sand. But it was unfortunately a failed mission, only succeeding in making myself more frantic with every second that anxiously passed by. I was panicking.

"WHERE THE FUCK AM I!?!", I shouted with desperation.

Eventually I spot a slight hill in the distance. Since it was the only interesting or different thing I could see I stumbled off in that direction. I should come across something sooner or later right?

H

ours went by of aimlessly walking in random directions. I was exhausted, my legs hurt, and on top of that my arms and face were as red as tomatoes from being out in the sun all day. After another step my legs finally gave out and collapsed from under me, I crashed down on my knees, spread my arms wide and let my body fall to the ground with a thud.

"Ughhhhh", I cried out into the ground in pure agony, letting the fine sand slowly burn my face. I was to tired to care and just accepted it, slowly closing my eyes as the heat made me drowsy.

I layed spread out, looking like an exhausted starfish for a good minute or so, with no intention of ever getting back up. But when I heard something familiar from way in the distance I jumped up onto my feet and excitedly looked in every direction for what I assumed to be a helicopter.

It took only a few seconds for my eyes to land on it, a helicopter in the distance. I knew the people inside probably couldn't see me from that far away, but I still raised my arms in the air and waved them. I jumped up and down repeatedly, aggressively flailing my arms to grab their attention. I was scared they would fall off from how hard I was swinging them.

"HEEEEY! OVER HEEERE!". I screamed at the top of my lungs, feeling overjoyed at the possibility of being saved from this barren wasteland. "I'M HERE, I'M RIGHT... Here?..."

My arms froze in midair and screams died down as I noticed the helicopter wasn't far away at all, It wasn't blurry like things in the distance would be. In fact I could see a good amount of detail on it, like it was only a few feet away. It was close... And it was...tiny!?...