Ethan and Mark, giant slayer

Ethan was a traveler who one day came across a small village, and for some reason, I dunno maybe he was bored and wanted to feel like a hero, decided to tell everyone that he was a warrior, unaware that the village actually had a problem with an unknown creature, that no-one has ever seen that a warrior, such as himself, could take care of. So Ethan bravely strolled out into the forest to look for and defeat this beast, not wanting to face the embarrassment of telling the truth, like an idiot.

__________________________________________

Ethan's pov

What have I gotten myself into, I-I can't do this! I'm gonna die out here. I shouldn't of lied to all those people, I told them I was a warrior, that I could dice up any creature with just my courage and sword alone. pfft
Look where that got you, Ethan! Wandering the most dangerous place on earth, just to be eaten or killed by one of this forest's many predators, all because you wanted to look 'cool'.

I have a sword at least, but being honest I don't think it'll be much help. In the little time I had to prepare I was told by many people that this creature was not only big enough to devour their entire lives stock, but was also sneaky and fast enough to have never shown more than a shadow of itself to anyone, like a ninja. I couldn't even begin to imagine what this thing looked like, or more so I didn't want to. I'd just end up terrifying myself even more than I already am.

I strut aimlessly through the trees, as big as skyscrapers, with my hand tightly gripping the sword strapped to my side, ready to be pulled out at any given moment. Every sound from the screeching crows to the rustling of a leave would make me yelp in fear. I'm sure from a viewer's perspective it looked hilarious but actually living it was the most terrifying experience of my life.

After an hour of this tormenting adventure I start noticing a cloudy fog appear, making the already spoopy forest even scarier as it prevented me from seeing more then a few feet infront of me. I was completely blind, if there was a predator near I wouldn't be able to see it creeping up on me. I gulp hard at the thought, my hand becoming tingly and numb from holding onto my only source of protection so tightly.

"It's ok Ethan, it's only a fog" I think out loud, trying to calm myself. "there's nothing out here", but of course with my incredibly bad timing a growl echoed throughout the forest just as I said that. It was so deep and loud that it sent a shiver up my spine.

Immediately I pull out the sword and swing it around, unsure of where the growl had come from. "C-come out!", I squeak in an attempt to make myself seem intimidating. But freeze up when I spot a pair of golden, catlike eyes appear within the fog, glaring daggers at my trembling form. I point my sword at them as another growl hits my ears and step back as I notice it's eyes becoming more clear, it's coming closer.

I stay, standing strong, still aiming the sword at those hunger filled eyes as it steps even closer. Now completely exposing a single black fur paw, easily the size of my head with claws as long and sharp as knives. My eyes widen in horror, is this the creature thats been stealing from the village? How am I meant to beat this thing? It's huge!

Out of pure mindless fear I turn around and speed away into the fog, hoping that it'll lose sight of me. Because let's face I had no chance against that thing. After only a few steps my heart sinks, hearing the crunching leaves and snapping twigs directly behind me. It's definitely following, and it's so close, I can basically feel its panting breaths on my back.