Jack and Mark, Beanstalk

Suggested by sarahwolfe12093

Mark's pov

"Aw come on, it's just for a little bit of mystery. Who knows what might grow from these" I whine, begging to Amy with a handful of mysterious beans in my palm.

"We can't just buy whatever we want, whenever we want Mark, we'll eventually run out of our holiday money" Amy retorts, her tone scolding like a mothers.

"Pleeeease, it'll be the last buy of the day. We're in a whole knew country after all, and who knows, here this might just be real magic"

Any huffs, crossing her arms. "Really Mark. Are you actually saying these are 'magic beans'"

"Well what's the worst that could happen, we get a quality bean supply" I insist, raising my brows with hope.

Amy stands silent for a bit, looking up in thought. Then sighs, "fiiine. But this is the last one ok"

I gasp and hop up in joy, flailing my arms before pecking Amy's warm cheek. "Thank you, thankyou!"

She giggles and pushes me away, "Your welcome, now hurry before I change my mind"

Without another word I head to the front, skipping past shelves of glowing potions and gadgets and happily buy the green blue beans from the register. The girl behind the register looks at me with discomfort, like she wanted really badly to say something, but she stays silent throughout the exchange and lets me and Amy walk out the store without a word said, a ping of guilt on her face.

I didn't pay to much mind to it however, I was more anxious to get home and plant this thing already. See what grows.

"Hey did you notice anything about that register girl?" Amy asked, glancing at me as we walked.

"Uh no. I thought she seemed a little nervous but that's it" I replied, shrugging.

Amy looked ahead again, seeming to forget it as well. "Oh ok, I just found it weird"

When we arrived back at the hotel moments later I wasted no time in planting the beans. I grabbed the biggest bowl we had, scooped up a pile of walkway dirt and sprinkled the beans in with refreshing tap water. Then, like a child waiting for Santa to come I place it outside on the balcony, sit cross-legged by the window and wait for the magic to happen.

Unfortunately, even as I pressed my face up against the glass nothing magical ever occurred, no matter how long and hard I starred at that dirt. Eventually it was getting to late to wait any longer, so I sluggishly lift myself to my feet, head to my room and hop into bed by Amy with a groan.

"Nothing yet, huh" she cooed, lightly rubbing my arm.

"No" I pout, leaning my head to hers.

"N'aw, its ok. Maybe it'll happen tomorrow" she offers.

Still sad I smile up at her, turn my body around and faceplate into the pillow, murmuring into it with a drowsy mind. I hear a chuckle from beside me and feel Amy still rubbing, her gentle touch slowly lolling me to sleep.

"Goodnight" I hear her whispers before falling unconscious.

A few hours later both me and Amy were woken up by an incredibly loud crash from outside. I got up with a fright, running to the balcony to see what was going on and gasped when I found a giant beanstalk in place of it. What happened to the balcony?