6.

T H A L I A

"Marlins left me 10 missed calls and he's now calling me his 'woman', can you believe that I am so close to kicking his behind" Devora rambled, tiredly shaking her head.

"I so told you this before you can do way-

"Hold on shh. He's coming" she quickly cut me off.

I watched while the familiar tanned boy also known as Marlin, also known as her annoying boyfriend from what she tells me made his way towards us.

"Why haven't you been answering any of my calls?" He questioned, stopping once he was in front of her.

"Why have you been blowing up my house with stupids calls, you know how mom gets when she's bugged!" She scolded, pointing a finger at him.

"Because you be ignoring my pages. Where've you been all weekend huh? What you've-

Devora scoffed, pulling out a brown hair extension from her purse. "Also, perhaps you can explain what this cheap hair extension was doing up in your car?"

"I got no idea what that is, it looks like one of those thingy's you've got up in your hair?" Marlin defended, tugging lightly at a piece of her hair.

"Oh I do not wear polyester hair alright!" She grumbled, slapping his arm with her purse.

"What's the matter with you? You on your period or something?" He questioned, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion.

She let out a gasp, squinting her eyes slightly as she pushed at his chest and began calling out many insults towards him.

"Hm.. alright, Dev I'm out!" I called, sending her a smile and wave before walking off.

"Bye, I'll meet y'all at the tables!" She called back briefly before continuing to shout insults.

I shook my head with a tired sigh from the dramatic fight I just endured. I swung the small, leather white bag in my hand around as I made my way down the hall.

I walked down the hall and made my way over towards the two familiar boys who were both leaned against the crimson colored lockers.

"Where's Devora, she cannot just be flaking on us all the time!" Kenny questioned, throwing his hands up with a huff.

"Oh she's over there fighting with her annoying possessive boyfriend" I explained, motioning back towards her.

"Why doesn't she just break up with him then?" He questioned, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Don't know.. something about how she secretly enjoys the dramatic relationship?" I informed, tilting my head slightly as I thought.

"Anyways, she said she'll meet up with us so.." I trailed off, shrugging my shoulders as I walked off.

I walked off down the hall as they followed behind me out of the school and towards the outside lunch tables in the school yard.

I set my bag down onto the green, metal lunch table before tiredly slumping down onto the bench and resting my head into my hand as I watched the two follow and sit down.