34.

T H A L I A

I huffed tiredly, plopping down onto the bench as I lazily leaned back and twisted open the cap to my water bottle.

I took a few sips when pausing once getting a tap on my shoulder, raising my eyebrows in surprise once seeing Emily.

"You. I need to talk to you" she ordered, placing her hands onto her hips.

I slowly nodded, "Ok?"

She stared at me, shaking her head with a sarcastic laugh. "Oh you complete whore"

My brows rose instantly, "Excuse me?"

"Oh you better stay the hell away from my boyfriend. He doesn't want to be around some skank you know that, right?" She spat, cracking a snicker.

"I'm sorry. What? What are you even talking about?" I questioned, sitting up from the bench.

"You know what. I know you like him" she explained, eyeing me in disgust.

"Like- no Emily. I do not, where the hell did you even get that?" I defended, shaking my head with a disbelieved huff.

"It doesn't matter where I got it. I see it, your little slut self flirting with him" she huffed, rolling her eyes at my question.

"What.. ok Emily, if this is about what your 'friends' told you that day at the mall, it's completely not true I'd never do something like that" I defended, sighing as I shook my head towards her statement.

"Please. It has nothing to do with what they said. You think I actually was your friend, no no I just needed something to get closer to him alright?" She explained, letting out a snicker.

I frowned, knitting my brows together in confusion. "What?"

"Awe, sucks doesn't it. Hell no I'd never be friends with you. But, you stay away from him, or you'll see what happens" she spat, narrowing her eyes as she crossed her arms.

And with that she walked off, leaving me in complete confusion. What on earth?

Ok, I know I had some odd feelings about him before but I do not like him. Those were just.. dumb and emotional feelings that didn't mean anything. I don't like him. At all. What is she even saying?

"Hey! Thalia, come on!" Jordan called, waving me over as he stood on the field.

I sighed, shaking my thoughts away as I placed my water bottle down onto the bench and walked over.

It was now after a few hours of playing, I felt gross and sweaty and desperately in need of a shower.

I grumbled, wiping off my hands onto my pants as I refrained from bursting out in frustration at how hot and sweaty I felt.

I sighed, cracking a smile as I took a seat next to Jordan who sat on the bench.

"What's wrong with you?" He questioned, cracking a laugh towards my expression.

"Oh I'm so sweaty, I hate it! It's so pissing me off" I grumbled, looking down towards my clothes with a frown.