26.

T H A L I A

I swung the light wooden bat in my hand around a few times, huffing as I got into a stance and firmly held the bat up.

My eyes met with Kenny and I pointed at him.
"Alright Denunez, give it"

He smiled and pointed back at me. Surprisingly today he didn't play any games and threw a good pitch that I successfully hit and sent far out.

I whistled, clapping my hands as I quickly ran for the bases. I stomped onto second base, and ran for third, halfway there widening my eyes and feeling my stomach turn at the sight of Squints that was about to throw the ball to Bertram.

"Oh no. Please no!" I shrieked, slowing down my pace as my heart dropped.

"And.. pickle!" Ham hollered, cupping his mouth with his hands.

"Oh god no. No, no!" I shouted, shaking my head with a groan.

I huffed, quickly turning back on my feet once the ball was thrown over and about to be thrown back.

"Fuck me, fuck me, fuck, fuck!" I grumbled, desperately trying to catch my breathe.

"What? What was that?" Squints called, holding up a hand to his ear with a smirk.

I ignored him and continued to run back in forth, growing frustrated with the two that teased as they threw the ball to each other.

I was desperately trying to breathe and by now felt like I was near death. I slowed down my pace once near getting third base as the ball was thrown to Bertram, slowly turning back once he threw it and doing a quick double take back to third.

I practically near collapsed onto the ground before Bertram took my arms and held me up.

"Holy shit. I didn't expect you to actually get out of that!" He shrieked, widening his eyes in shock.

"Oh.. my shit" I breathed, rolling my eyes as I struggled to stand up.

I slowly kneeled down, plopping onto the base bag with a tired huff as I sat and adjusted my legs to sit criss- cross. Tiredly leaning back against Bertram's legs I used as a wall.

"Lia! Your pants they're going to get dirty!" Devora called, frantically throwing her hands up as she pointed at me.

"Mhm.. hold on, hold on" I huffed, tiredly waving her off.

"Woah.. that was really good you know!" Benny suddenly appeared, staring down at me.

I was taken by my arms and pulled up, instantly placing my arm over his shoulder once feeling my now weak legs attempting to stand up.

"Awe, how cute!" Squints called out as we walked past.

"Shut up, before I kick some dirt in your eyes!" I called back, shaking my head angrily.

I was set down onto the bench, sighing in relief as I tiredly leaned back against the dugout wall. "Oh I am never doing that again"