51.

T H A L I A

Tears burned and pricked at my eyes as I stared at the two tightly hugging in front of me.

I blinked them back quickly once they pulled away, putting on a small smile as I stepped forward.

I swallowed hard, wrapping my arms around the man tightly. "When will you be back?" I softly questioned.

He sighed lightly and I could feel him shake his head. "I don't know.." Dad replied in the same soft tone.

"But I'll be back as soon as possible. As soon as I can. I promise ok?" He added assuringly.

I frowned, nodding my head slightly. As soon as possible codes now for in months.

"I love you, very very much. You watch your mom alright? That women is crazy" He stated, lightly chuckling.

I cracked a smile, looking towards Mom who stood behind us that though had many tears, still let out a scoff.

I nodded, slowly pulling away. "Ok.. I will. I love you too"

He smiled, placing a kiss onto my forehead before slowly turning around and picking up his luggage.

I watched as Mom sent me a small smile, following behind him towards the car. She was driving him to the airport.

He looked back and sent us all waves before turning around and getting into the car. I continued to watch until the car drove off down the road.

Once the vehicle was no longer in sight I looked towards Andrew who sighed and rubbed my shoulder before walking off back to the house.

I finally turned around to meet with Benny who though looked at me sadly sent me a warm smile and took my hand before we followed behind Andrew.

The weekend was sadly over and we were back in school. Except this time I too was sadder now having my dad leave for who knows how long.

I walked down the hall, tiredly running a hand through my hair as I walked into the bathroom. I paused immediately once seeing Emily with her friends.

They were all looking in the mirror, messing with their hair and makeup and giggling to each other about who knows what. They paused, whipping their heads over once hearing me walk in.

"Oh Thalia! Come, come I need your help" Emily chirped, waving me over with a smile.

She walked over, taking my shoulders and bringing me over towards the mirror. "Ok, ok now stay there"

My eyebrows knit together in confusion at what she was doing. I stared at her through the mirror as she stared back when suddenly sighing happily.

"Ok thanks, I just needed some reassurance and.. oh you're the perfect person for that" she explained, patting my shoulders with a snicker.

They all bursted into laughters, shaking their heads at me as they all walked out of the bathroom.

My eyes followed them, sighing lightly once they walked out. I slowly looked up towards the mirror, titling my head slightly as I looked at myself.