30.

T H I R D
pov

Thalia sat at her kitchen counter, dipping her tortilla chips into the bowl of guacamole as she stared at the black cat that sat on the stool in front of her.

"Oh 4th of July. The great celebration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence" She sighed, resting her head into her hand.

"And here we are. Alone. How great is that?" She continued, cracking a sarcastic laugh as she threw her head back.

Her laughter soon stopped and her smile slowly faded, staring at the cat that stared back at her.

"God I know right?" She breathed, letting out a laugh as she nodded her head. As if she actually understood what the cat said.

She groaned, resting her elbows onto the table and throwing her head down into her hands.
"Oh god. I'm talking to my cat. That's it. This is it, I think I've finally gone insane"

Slowly her head lifted up, running a hand through her damp hair with a sigh before plopping another chip into her mouth.

Suddenly the sound of the doorbell went off, making her pause and quickly look towards the cat in confusion.

"Uh-oh. And here, is where I get murdered" she huffed, hopping off the chair.

She pushed herself off the chair, making her way out into the living room and towards the front door. She slowly creaked the door open, letting out a huff once seeing the familiar group of kids in front of her.

Quickly she opened the front door wider, unlocking the screen door and pushing it open.
"What the hell are you dorks doing here?"

Once opening the screen door it left a clearer view of her, making the boy who stood in front and about to speak instantly pause in his tracks.

He examined her, feeling his mind jumble up immediately. Her hair was damp and slightly ruffled. Clearly showing she had just showered. And her bare, clear makeup free face with the familiar glasses that he actually adored resting on top her nose, only made his heart quicken and thump in his chest.

"Uh.. hello?" Thalia slowly questioned, waving her hand around to get the boys attention.

He blinked a few times, snapping out of it and clearing his throat. "Uh.. we're going to have a night game. You want to come?"

Her lips curled down into a frown, looking towards the other kids with a huff. "What! But- but I just showered?"

Devora, who stood with the rest of the group let out a scoff. "Bitch- get your ass out here right now" she scolded.

Thalia let out a huff, throwing her head back with a groan. "My god- fine, fine geez"

And with that she turned around and stomped back into the house, leaving Benny who was still a bit star struck to watch her before slowly looking back towards the kids that had smirks plastered on their faces.

"Shut up. Just shut up" he ordered, knowing exactly what they were just going to tease about.

"Ooo.. you were swooning over—