7.

T H A L I A

The bed contained many articles of clothing that was scattered all along the cushion. With a frustrated groan I ran a hand through my hair and scanned over the piles.

I certainly always liked to dress nicely and now I had to compromise and find something to wear that I could actually play baseball in instead of skirts and stuff of the sort. Oh one can only do so much.

I had finally decided on a sheer, button up light yellow top and tied it into a knot at the ends. With some regular navy blue jeans and the cutest white converse. They weren't my regular heels that I loved and adored but, they'd have to work.

I stepped down the final steps of stairs and smiled when seeing the woman who stood in the kitchen. I called out, "Hey mom! What do you think?"

She looked over and her head tilted as she examined me, "Eh? Yeah I'll just leave it at that. But you have a good day!"

My mouth fell with a scoff while she sent me a smile and waved. I shook my head and returned the wave before stepping outside of the house.

I breathed in deeply once I was out and walking down the sidewalk. Surprisingly being extremely glad it was summer. I never liked it, too hot.

But now that we were finally done with Mr. Bruner and his strict teachings that sure changed. We had also successfully finished our project, though we nearly killed each other, we still received a B on it.

I continued to walk down the sidewalk, slowly stopping in my tracks once seeing the familiar strawberry blonde who was sat outside on a house porch steps.

I titled my head unsurely as I glanced around before sighing once I finally pushed myself to move forward.

I began walking over when suddenly running into another familiar annoying boy who was seemingly doing to same as me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, my eyes narrowed as I crossed my arms.

"Uh, I live on this street?" Benny replied as if it were obvious.

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows in surprise. Huh, who knew?

"Wow ok, nice to see you I'll meet you at the sandlot" he scoffed lightly, rolling his eyes as he walked past me.

"Woah, what do you think you're doing?" I questioned, holding my hand out to stop him.

"I'm going to ask him to play with us, what else?" He replied, motioning back towards the boy in confusion.

I huffed, pointing a finger towards my chest.
"No, because I was going to ask him"

"Too bad. I thought of it first, see you" he shrugged, turning around to walk away again.

"What- you don't know that?" I scoffed, snatching him back over again.

"Sure I do, you aren't nearly as nice to think of something like that" he replied with a sarcastic smirk.

"Uh- shut up you prick" I huffed, rolling my eyes as I pushed past him.

I shook my head as I made my way over towards the boy, rolling my eyes once seeing Benny completely ignored me and followed behind.