46.

T H A L I A

"Ok, ok. Flip flops check. Towels good. Sunscreen.. shit!" Mom exclaimed, throwing her hands up as she quickly dashed towards the bathroom.

I sighed lightly as I watched her run off, looking down to cat in my lap as I ran my hand down her back.

Today, Mom decided to take us and the Rodriguez kids to the beach. The reason, no idea but she said something about summer coming to an end and to enjoy it while it's still here.

I couldn't complain about it, though I really wasn't fond of the beach. I guess it could be fun and it would be a great excuse to forget about this Emily thing.

I cracked a smile at the little girl that sat on the couch next to me, speaking in a high pitched excited tone to the cat as she petted her head.

Soon Mom walked back into the living room.
"Ok.. geez that run made me tired" she breathed.

"The run.. to the bathroom?" Andrew questioned, sitting on the couch across from me.

She let out a scoff, walking over and smacking his head. "Yes Andrew, want to say something else smart ass?"

He shook his head, holding in a laugh causing her to send him another smack before walking away. "Alright my children, to the car!" She called out.

I shook my head at the scene, picking up Lola and pecking a kiss onto her head, turning over and handing her towards Mia and allowing her to do the same.

And with that I stood up, grabbing onto my bag before following everyone out of the house and towards the car.

Andrew took the front seat next to Mom while Valerie and Mia took the second row of seats, leaving Benny and I too sit in the far back.

"Alright, I better not see no smooching from you two back there alright!" Andrew called, whipping around and narrowing his eyes.

"Shut your mouth ugly!" I called back, rolling my eyes at his statement.

I shook my head with a sigh, sitting back in my seat as I rested my head back against the headrest.

It was about 30 minutes later and I grew incredibly bored, blankly staring out the window and occasionally waving at people that noticed me in their cars.

I looked away and sat back, sighing lightly as I sunk down into my seat. "How much longer, Ma?"

"Uh.. I think like 30?" Mom replied from the drivers seat.

I frowned, throwing my head back with a groan. "Oh kill me" I muttered to myself.

"Sure, allow me?" Benny spoke with a sarcastic smile, nudging my arm playfully.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha.. you're so funny" I replied dully, nudging back his arm.

I rested my head back again, sighing lightly as I closed my eyes in attempt to sleep when suddenly getting a peck on my lips that caused me to let out a huff.

"Stop it" I muttered, shaking my head at Benny before closing my eyes again.

And with that it seemingly caused him to continue even more. He placed multiple pecks onto my lips and just as I opened my eyes and about to scold him he brought me into another, much longer kiss.