45.

T H A L I A

I stared down at the pizza on the styrofoam plate, poking at it with a fork before shaking my head and sliding it away.

"Mm.. yeah no, there is nothing in this world that will get me to eat this sad excuse for a pizza!" I grumbled, staring down at the slice with anger.

"You're dramatic. Here" Benny rolled his eyes at me, sliding over his tray towards me.

I shook my head. "No thanks. I'll just get something from the vending machine"

I stood up from the table and turned around to see the janitor about to walk by in front of me as he rolled a trash bin forward. When suddenly out of nowhere I was pushed out of the way before I could bump into him.

"Oh geez, what the hell—

I turned around and paused once seeing a fearful looking Peter standing behind me.

"Oh gosh, are you unharmed?" He quickly questioned in a frantic tone.

I let out an unsure laugh, hesitantly nodding my head. "Yeah.. uh, thanks?"

"Great, you saved her from a trash bin. Thanks for your service now shoo" Devora appeared next to me, waving him away.

He looked down to his wrist, letting out a groan causing Devora and I to look each other in confusion. "Are you ok?" I questioned.

"Oh yes, yes I'm fine. Just hurt my wrist a little. But rest assured it was a big privilege to—

"To tackle her from behind?" Devora interrogated, narrowing her eyes as she crossed her arms.

The two other boys that sat at the table erupted into giggles causing me to send them a glare. "Ok well, thanks.. again" I lightly patted his shoulder.

His breathe hitched once patting his shoulder causing me to quickly take my hand away. "Uh ok, see you"

And with that I quickly whirled around and sat back down at the table. "Mm.. never mind I'll just take this" I snatched onto a packet of carrots.

The two boys continued to let out snickers and giggles. "Oh my god, will you idiots quit it!" I scolded.

"Ooo.. somebody likes you" Bertram mocked, pointing a finger at me.

"No, there is not! Shut up" I grumbled, muffling my ears as I shut my eyes.

"Yeah there is. Yikes Benny man, looks like you're going to have to beat some tail" Kenny added, shaking his head as he teasingly clicked his tongue.

Benny simply rolled his eyes. "No I don't. That guy seems harmless anyways.. just oddly likes you?"

Devora laughed loudly. "Oddly is an understatement"

I rolled my eyes, letting my head fall down into my hands with a grumble.

It was once again a very tiring, boring class of History. I let out a tired huff, grabbing onto my bag and books from off the desk.