27.

T H A L I A

Devora had successfully batted and sent the ball soaring out into the field. An instant smile spread onto my face and I jumped up, clapping my hands together.

Once she safely got to a base I made my way over, and we both high fived each other as I lightly jumped up and down.

"Good job Dev" I smiled, patting her shoulder.

"Thanks. Oh god I feel like shit right now!" She breathed, grumbling as she rested her hands onto her knees.

"And now.. water" she huffed, shaking her head as she stood back up.

I nodded, letting out a soft laugh as we both walked off, following behind her towards the dugout.

"Hey guys.. what do you think about going to the carnival tonight?" She called, tiredly sitting down onto the bench.

"After near getting in trouble with security. And.. those dorks that barfed on a ride you still want to go?" I questioned, shaking my head in disappointment.

She shrugged, sipping her water. "Makes it all even funner?"

I fiddled with the pink pompom that was tied with the strap of my small bag, slowly making my way down the sidewalk.

I looked up, sighing once seeing the carnival now in view. My eyes fell on the group of boys that were all standing around on the sidewalk.

"Thalia!" They all shouted in unison once noticing me.

"Oh yes, the party has arrived?" I sarcastically stated, cracking a smug smile.

I scanned everyone, pausing on the girl that stood next to Benny. Emily rolled her eyes at my statement and looked away. Well geez okay?

I looked away, brushing it off and turning back towards the boys. "Alright you uglies, I'm paying today. Not you Rodriguez"

Immediately he scoffed, shaking his head in disapproval. "No, you aren't I'm not letting—

"You don't have to let me. I'm doing it anyways" I cut him off, nodding my head firmly.

"Now. Let's go you ugly fucks" I huffed, pointing towards the carnival as I waved them too follow with my other hand.

I led them past the entrance and into the carnival. The fair grounds held many, thousands of people. And the smell of warm deep fried food wafted immediately over you as soon as walking in.

Once paying and getting a few tickets, I handed them out to the each of them. Quickly snatching onto Bertram's shoulder once noticing he reached into the pockets of his jacket.

"You stuff that baccy back in your pockets!" I sternly ordered, pointing down towards his hand that reached into his jacket.

He quickly pulled his hand out from his jacket, nodding his head with a sigh. "Gosh fine!"

And with that I waved them all goodbye, smiling as I turned back towards the other three that stood behind.