𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮

"Estelle!" The name echoed through the halls of the large house that had previously been silent. Standing on the cliff of the coast of France stood the Beaulieu Chateau, an old home that had been in the noble family for many generations. Hidden through magical protection that non-magic folk could not penetrate.

The halls were filled with ornate paintings, and gold embellished furniture. Among the four floors, elegant staircases, rooms that seemed to always stay locked, and one large ballroom; held one child.

"Estelle! Where are you?" The thick French accented women's voice rung through the halls again, the clicking of her high heeled shoes becoming impatient and hasty. She turned corner after corner, finally settling on a room on the fourth floor.

The old women opened the door, peering inside. She let out a large sigh, storming over to the balcony. Peering over the edge of the white wooden railing and down into the garden, she spotted her target.

A young, fair skinned girl with thick silk like blonde hair cascading in messy curls down her back. She was sitting on a wooden swing within the garden, a basket of flowers by her feet and a book in her hand.

"Estelle! I have been looking for you for ages young lady. What on earth are you doing?" The old women called down to the girl. Estelle looked up from the book in her hand, tilting her head to the side and smiling- The oldest trick in the book.

"Oh, Adeline! I did not hear you, I have been enthralled by the tales of King Arthur!" Estelle called back, keeping the girlish smile plastered on her face.

The old nursemaid squinted her eyes at the girl, looking through her oval spectacles and down her rather long nose. "You wait right there little Miss." She called out, shaking a long finger at the girl before turning and disappearing from view.

The whole household, as small as it was, had been ordered by Estelles Father Matisse to speak only in English for the whole summer. He was transferring from the French Ministry to the Ministry in London, England and wanted his family to be fluent in English.

The only one who wasn't too keen on learning had been Estelles Mother, Anna. She was a very head strong women, as well as a full Veela. It was not very common that Anna would not get her way, and was known to throw very.. violent tantrums.

Though Anna had never been violent with her husband or daughter, she would quite often take it out on the furniture or decor near-by. Although, as the Summer was coming to an end, she was less annoyed by the English speaking, but still not willing to do it herself.

Estelle giggled to herself as her nursemaid Adeline hurried over to her across the garden, her skirt hiked up into her hands and a frown across her brow.

"Estelle, please, let's get you cleaned up. Your Mother and Father should be home within the hour." Adeline said between short pants, she had after-all looked all over the house for Estelle who had until just a couple moments ago been hiding.

The smile fell off of Estelles face and she promptly got up, following the old women inside. She hurried into her bedroom and cleaned her pale skin, tying her long unkept curls into a white ribbon.

Two young maids entered the dressing room, one of them beginning to pull out a dress for Estelle and the other adding rouge to her cheeks.

"Bonjour Mademoiselle." The young maid said, and Estelle looked at her with wide eyes. Pulling her index finger over her mouth in a hushing way.

"Non, Non. Ne laisse pas Père ma t'entendre" (No, No. Do not let my Father hear you) Estelle whispered to the frightened maid. "Say, Hello Estelle, instead."