𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

POSSIBLE TW: ABANDONMENT AND NEGLECT

Estelle threw open the doors to her bedroom, her body moving on auto pilot as she ran straight to her bed, collapsing onto it and throwing the sheets over herself. She pressed her face into the pillow, muffling her frustrated sobs.

Why? Why would her parent's turn like this. They had no business being involved in pureblood supremacy... And even if there was a small bias inside them, Estelle had no idea how passionate that bias had become, and how much it had influenced her parents.

She couldn't help but wonder if they were truly in their right mind, or if they were under some kind of manipulation. It made no sense for her Father, the man who had moved her to England in order to work against this darkness and these kind of ideals, to be believing them himself.

Her mind swirled endlessly for hours, until she was out of tears. The exhaustion from her emotions crept up on her and swallowed her into sleep. A restless, nightmare filled sleep.

The next morning Estelle pried her eyes open, the sun glaring in through her window filled bedroom. She smiled to herself, momentarily forgetting where she was. When she adjusted to her surroundings, the smile from the warmth of Gryffindor tower disappeared and she was left frowning inside the cold of her bedroom.

A letter sat on the chaise at the end of her bed, it was a-top a golden tray. The elegance and formality of it made Estelle roll her eyes, unsure of why this message couldn't have been delivered in person.

She crawled to the end of the bed, still fully dressed from the night before and picked up the letter, turning it over in her hands before unfolding it.

"Come downstairs when you are acting rationally. We have traditions to uphold.

-Father"

Estelle stared down at her Fathers handwriting, it felt so cold to her. Even if she didn't have the warmest parents, this was so unlike him. He would have just sent someone up here to have her ready, or to deliver this message. But a letter?

Estelle's suspicion surrounding her Father and his actions was growing steadily. He had been acting so far from himself that is was blindly obvious something was wrong. So Estelle decided that she would go downstairs, participate in the family Christmas traditions and keep an eye on her Family's behaviour. Something wasn't right.

She dressed quickly, buttoning up the back of a dark green silk dress, the colour was for the sake of her Mother. It was high necked, covering her collarbone and shoulders. The dress was flowy, and fell mid-calf, a short slit in the leg. After lacing up a pair of polished Oxford shoes, she smoothed out the fabric of her dress and looked at herself in the mirror.

Her eyes were still puffy from a night of overthinking and crying, and her hair was wild with soft curls. She pulled it back into a bun at the nape of her neck with a green ribbon, and sighed to herself knowing there was nothing she could do about the rest of her appearance.

As she walked down the halls, everything felt foreign, not only because she had gotten used to the long corridors of Hogwarts but also because there was something wrong with her home. There was darkness coursing through the veins of the very house, and Estelle could feel it seeping into her Family.

***

The sitting room was quiet as Estelle walked in and her whole family was dressed immaculately, as they do every Christmas Eve. They have portraits taken every year on this day, dating back through to her Fathers childhood. They were all quite grim looking, and there was never any smiling allowed.