𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Estelle had decided to go with the dark navy blue dress for New Years Eve. It was embroidered with golden flowers around the middle, and the sleeves puffed out falling off her shoulders. The skirt was long, falling just above her ankles.

She had just slipped it on and was smoothing out the creases from being folded in her trunk, when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Estelle called, looking over from the stand up mirror in front of her, to the door. Sirius peered in, his long dark hair was brushed back and fell over his forehead. His expression was gentle and he stared at Estelle in awe.

"Erm- you look, I mean you- Wow." Sirius said, looking her up and down.

Estelle blushed, scratching the back of her neck. "I think the ring really ties it all together." Estelle said, looking down at her outstretched right hand.

Sirius nodded, stepping into the room. "I agree... Erm, Mia sent me up to tell you all the guests will start arriving in 15 minutes. She wants you to come down before they get here." Sirius said absentmindedly, watching as Estelle tied her hair back in a long gold ribbon.

She turned back to him and smiled, taking in his appearance. He was in simple black dress robes, the shirt underneath was a deep shade of blue, almost identical to Estelles dress. She cocked her head at him, looking him up and down.

"We match!" Estelle said grinning.

Sirius chuckled, looking down at himself. "It appears that we do, yeah."

"Well," Estelle walked over to Sirius raising her elbow to him. "Shall we?" She said, looking up at him cheekily.

He shook his head at her, taking her arm. "We shall."

Down the set of stairs to the manor part of the house, the Potter family was waiting for them. James was wearing similar black dress robes, but he was wearing a stark white shirt underneath. He grinned at the two as they walked in, looking back and forth at their matching attire.

He mumbled up to his Mum in a sing song tone, who was grinning just as cheekily at them. "It workkedd."

She winked down at him, before rushing over to sweep Estelle over to her. She explained that there was multiple prominent Wizarding families coming, only the ones they liked of course... As well as the rest of the Potter family. She also mentioned the rest of James, Sirius, and her friends from school had been invited.

Estelle beamed up at Euphemia, unbelievably excited to see her friends. She missed Lily and Marlene more than words could explain, so much had happened and she wanted to explain everything before going back to school.

Before Estelle could think too much on it, the loud door bell rang. Euphemia rushed to open the door, and minutes later multiple older couples and families had flooded into the entry way. There was loud laughter and joy spread across the different groups that had formed, soon the doors to the ballroom opened and people made their way inside.

It had been lined with tables, and there were all kinds of drinks and snacks covering them. Estelle walked along the tables, casually searching for something to sip on. The smell of firewhiskey filled her nose, and she gagged a little.

Remembering the party in Gryffindor tower and how her insides burned ,Estelle shook her head, turning her nose up in disgust and reached for a butterbeer.

"Well, well, good to know you are alive." A voice rung out behind her. She spun around, to see the smiling face of Marlene, dressed immaculately in a long silver gown.

"Oh Merlin, Marlene!" Estelle gasped, embracing the blonde in a tight hug. Marlene squeezed her tightly in return, just as happy to see Estelle.

"I have been so worried you git!" Marlene said, swatting at Estelle arm.