7. A Date Under The Stars

I woke up to a nauseaus feeling in my stomach. I panicked trying to untangle the sheets from my legs and I had to hurry into the bathroom. My legs were shaking beneath me and my arms seemed weak. I looked at the clock, and saw that it was only three in the morning.

I held my head between my hands and sat on the cold floor of the beautiful bathroom. My head was pulsating with a horrendous headache. Why am I this sick, again? Should I go to a doctor?

I drank a glass of water before exciting the bathroom. I was only wearing my underwear and a t-shirt but the heat of the late summer air were making the room clammy.

I need some fresh air.. It is unbearably warm in here.

I grabbed a bathrobe, before silently opening the patiodoor. The air outside were chilly but as refreshing as I had hoped. I found a lounge chair just outside the door to my room. I grabbed a small blanket from the room.

Closing the door behind me I made my way over and sat in the chair. The back of the chair reached above my head and were lightly cushioned. I sank into the seat letting myself enjoy the scarce beauty of the moonlit scenery. Just within view a small lake could be seen, tall grass grew around it and calm rings were spreading towards the edges. The trees rustled gently in the wind and only the sounds of nature could be heard.

I took deep breaths and slowly it was only a headache and a slightly upset stomach that were bothering me. I rested my head back on the chair and looked up to the sky. The stars were incredibly clear. My head kept pounding, but the nausea had subsided. I pulled the blanket tightly around my body and enjoyed the silence this place offereød.

I barely remembered what seemed to have been a nice dream. I remembered feeling safe, but not really the details.

When i tilted my head back to look out over the scene in front of me I was shocked. Barely hidden in the nearby threes, i saw a pair of yellow eyes reflect in the moonlight. The outline of the animal was barely visible, and had I not known for a fact that they didn't live in Denmark, I could have sworn it was a bear. The animal were dead still, i could not even hear its breath.

It was merely metres away and seemed to look directly at me. After a few breaths it had still not moved and i thought to myself, perhaps it's friendly?

But, my intuition still convinced me that this must be enough fresh air for one night. With calm moves I gathered the blanket and slowly got out of the chair. I made sure not to turn my back to the yellow eyed animal.

I took the clasp of the door, and made sure every entrance to my small room were locked. Bears can't undo locks, right?