36. The Dark Side Of Mankind

I was sat on the backseat of a taxi. Munin was flying nearby, I saw his dark shadow appear from time to time.

The drive had so far taken the whole day and I knew the address Munin had given me must appear soon. And then the chase of another mean of transportation would be needed.

I had no way of paying, and I knew I would have to make a run for it. Despite it speaking against all my beliefs I had no other solution.

Munin had pointed me to the city of Salla. But the midway point I was heading for now was in Luleå. I had tried following the signs, and predicted we were almost there. But swedish were a difficult language, and it was mostly guesswork by now.

The taxidriver was a man, seemingly in his late forties. He smelled unpleasently and had greasy unkept hair.

He had smiled at me when i got into the taxi, and his yellow crocked teeth had given me chills. Luckily he had so far not tried to make smalltalk.

Within long he took an exit from the motorway and I sank back into my seat, preparing to make my great escape.

Soon the car entered into a small parkinglot, inclosed in tall trees. I got suspesious. Munin said the adress he gave me was near a servicestation. There were no servicestation around here.

The driver slowly turned the car off and looked at me in the rearview mirror. Fear crept into me, and my flight instinct was screaming at me. Swiftly I flew towards the door. I aggressively yanked the doorhandle, but the door didn't budge.

"Childlocks really come in handy, don't they?" The driver suddenly spoke.

He turned his body towards me. His eyes showed an excitement I could not help but cower from. My heartbeat skyrocketet as i helplessly looked for a way out.

The driver unclicked his seatbelt and I frantically tried to kick the window out. Before I had made any cracks at all in the window, the driver had exited the car and were opening the backdoor.

I was so scared as I frantically scrambled between the frontseats  and grabbed ahold of the passenger door. But before I could open it I was yanked backwards by my feet. My head hitting the armrest on my way back.

David were hysterically trying to speak to me, but i made sure he was kept out. Malin would know instantly that the curse had been lifted if I let him through.

I kicked and twisted and tried to scream for help. But nothing helped.

He violently grabbed my hair and pulled me closer to him. His face only centimeters away.

"No matter how loudly you scream girl, you can't stop me." His faul breath made me want to vomit. I tried with all my might to kick him, to get him of me.

He aggressively grabbed my loose pantleg and fisted the material. With a hard yank he ripped a large tear in it and put his hand on the skin of my thigh.

I felt the tears now appear in my eyes. I felt helpless. He let go of my thigh and put his hand around my neck, still holding my hair tightly. I clawed at his hands and breathed shallowly.

Suddenly his fingers touched my mark and a pain stronger than when Anna had lifted my curse, surged through me.

I screamed in agony and a power unbeknownst to me appeared within me. I violently kicked him off, not on my own accord, and followed him out of the car. With aggressive stomps I kicked him in the head until I saw blood.

Finally I shook out of it and stumbled back almost falling over my own feet. In the pure shock of what I had just done, David broke through to me.

WHO TOUCHED YOU?

He was screaming, and absolutely livid. My hand covered my mouth as I watched the lifeless body on the ground.

I... I... A man. I fought myself from answering anything but the bare minimum of truth. Pain etched in my chest from fighting myself in answering him.

He's gone now.

I said back before shutting David's way into my head. I could feel his wrath, his attempts to peel down my wall. But I kept my stance.