44. Let Truth Be Told

Everyone was quiet as Taavi left the room. I looked confused around but only Stefan looked at me. He was struggeling to keep his smile contained. He gave me a knowing look before clearing his throat and explaining to me.

"They sent their mates away to safety just before David and I arrived, well except for Erik, but... Aake and Taavis mother refused to leave when she heard that David's mate were in danger. She is a ninetythree year old human, but she can whip these wolves harder than any supernatural beast could." Stefan chuckled as he spoke, just before the voice sounded again.

"You can damn well be next Stefan!" The womans voice was loud but controlled as Stefan's eyes went wide before he slowly sat down on the chair. I giggled at him.

A few minutes later Taavi entered back into the room and sat down on a chair sulking. He stared at the floor in front of him as he crossed his arms and spoke in a low voice. "Maybe I should look past my own wishes and see what would be the best solution for us all." He said in a mocking voice as he turned his glare towards the room where his mother was.

Aake was fighting a laugh. His sons, and Erik were quiet during this whole exchange, but sent eachother a knowing look as they stood quietly behind their father. The man I assumed were Hari, had a hand around the waist of who I could guess were Eric. Eric had his own hand around Haris back and resting on his shoulder ontop of a mark just like mine. They looked deadly serious but still managed to look deeply in love. It gave a warm feeling inside me to see the love two mates could share.

David took a step back and stood next to the chair I was on, before laying a hand on my shoulder. I am pretty sure he purposely placed it mere centimeters from my mark. Wether he could feel that I needed the support or if he too had seen the small gesture between the two other mates in the room I didn't know. But I appreciated his touch as he kept me from loosing my mind.

Arne looked to Taavi. "So you agree, she looses only her hands in exchange for the information she has regarding Elinor's, and likely our, safety?" Taavi let his tounge roll over his teeth behind his lips before curtly nodding.

Aake turned to Malin and nodded. "Very well, we will only take your hands if you give us the information."

Malin nodded with a solemn look, her eyes shifted to me. "And about my curse, I don't assume you would be able to undo it?" She asked in my direction.

"I don't even know how I cast it in the first place..." I said in a low voice. Just as I finished that scentence there were a light tapping on the window next to Stefan. I looked towards it and saw Munin sitting there, tilting his head from side to side.

"Munin!" I wishpered before getting up to let him in. David's hand on my shoulder tightened as he pulled me away from the window. I looked back at him before shrugging his hand of my shoulder. He looked surprised but said nothing as I opened the window. Munin hopped up my arm before resting on my shoulder. Malin laughed from her position on the floor.

"Just ask him. He knows how to." I petted his chest a few times before he flew down and landed on the back of Stefan's chair who varily leaned away from the bird. I stood back next to David who protectively pulled me to his side and glared at the bird.

Aake looked to Malin again and sighed before sitting down on a chair. "The information, Malin?" He asked.

The look on Malin's face changed as she looked directly at me. "Well, I keep an eye on the vampires in Sweden. Some of them because they are in debt to me, some the other way around." It was obvious she was restrained in her storytelling and likely kept some information back. "About a month ago I heard from the Götaland Coven that a relative of theirs in England was pretty sure he had found an Oracle. And now only one Oracle is known to excist in the nordic countries and nobody has been able to find her in twentyseven years. But the intell said she was a young girl, 22 years old, so this was possibly a new target." David's back turned rigid at the mention of his mother. I let my fingers go under his shirt on his lower back before tenderly caressing his skin.

"He said he could make sure she was in Copenhagen on a given time. The coven crossed Oresund into Copenhagen to confirm the suspecions. One of them managed to get close enough to get a whiff of her scent, and sure enough she was an Oracle. But before they could do anything else, a wolf and his cousin appeared and chased the girl away." Stefan's eyes were wide and I could feel David's intense stare at me.

"Honey they are still after you, and had you not stomped that taxidriver to death, he would have sold you to them. Well after he had his fun that is." She looked me deeply in the eyes as she told me this. I hadn't even noticed that I had started crying, before a tear slipped down my cheek.

A rumble that shook the entire cabin escaped David as he with frigid movements pushed me behind him.

"I am an oracle?" I asked in disbelief.

"Oh dear, humans don't just go around casting spells." Malin answered ad she shook her head.

Munin jumped onto my shoulder and I looked at him. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked in a small voice.

"You never asked." He answered.