17. Desperation is ugly

I felt tears gather in my eye. His actions had hurt me, even though I knew this infatuation with him wasn't real. I sniffled and pulled my legs towards my chest, and turned to face the back of the couch. My chest constricted painfully and the headache was slowly returning.

This pain started when he left, that means it will go away if I find him, right? I thought to myself.

With determination, I rose from the couch and walked with quick steps towards the door he had walked through.

I opened it and was met with a hallway. Down the end I saw a small kitchen with the door open, and three other doors. Two of them were ajar. I peeped into the first one and saw a bathroom.

I took a deep breath and looked into the next. Here Stefan was laying with headphones on and drumming in the air silently.

I turned to the last door and reached for the knob. My head was throbbing painfully and my judgement felt clouded. I wanted nothing but to make this feeling go away, and the only cure I knew was him.

With a shakey hand I turned the knob and peeked into the room. It had a bed placed just under the only window of the room, a dark chest and a scrawny desk in the corner. Sitting on the edge of the bed were David. His head in his hands and his breathing loud.

"Please leave darling, I can't control him." He hissed out, without looking up.

"I feel horrible. Please make it stop." I whispered.

His head whipped up to look at me. I was stuck in this fog. I knew there were important things I should be worried about, like getting home. But I just couldn't convince myself that it was any more important than being here.

He rose from the bed and took a step towards me. He halted and took a deep breath.

"Darling..." He started.

"Elinor." I said with a small voice.

He continued as if I hadn't said anything. "I can make it stop, but trust me you don't want me to. This isn't your world."

"I dont understand David." I said truthfully.

"For this addiction of yours to stop, for the withdrawal to stop, and for you to get your senses back, I have to mark you." He looked deeply into my eyes as he stepped closer to me. He was only a breath away, and I know I looked as confused as ever. "A mark is a bite, darling."

I involuntarily took a step back. Was he violent? Was this some nasty fetish for him? Had he lied? Were I on drugs somehow?

"Darling please listen. I am not gonna do it, I know it scares you." He held his hands up in surrender, and stayed where he was.

"Why do you have to bite me? Are you crazy? What is going on!?" I couldn't for the love of god contain any of my questions, and I felt my heartrate pick up pace, and my breathing was unruly.

"Please come here Elinor." He said calmly.

"NO." I said loudly. "This is ridiculous! I wanna know what the hell is going on!" I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks as I stared wideeyed at him.

"Fuck it." He mumbled and stepped closer to me. I took a step back, but the pain in my ankle had returned as my senses seemed to become more clear. I winced and stumbled back.

But before I hit the ground a strong arm wrapped tightly around my waist and pulled me into a broard chest. The second the amazing scent hit my nose I immediately calmed down and both my breathing and heartbeat calmed.

Despite the haze that consumed me, I was present enough to mumble. "You bastard."