30. Someone To Talk To

"The russian border." Anna suddenly said from the other room.

"What?" I whispered as I tore my gaze away from the deep yellow flames in the fireplace.

"Yessss, Munin." She said again. "They're still in Finland. Malin is a wicked one." Her voice were excited.

What on earth? I thought to myself.

"She likes to play, making the dogs dance for her..." Anna said again.

She suddenly entered the room in which I was currently sitting. The moment she stepped inside she had this crazy look on her face, but she quickly covered it up and smiled at me.

"I made some soup, you want some?" She gave me a kind look.

"Yes please..." I whispered. She sat down in front of me and placed a tray on my unmoving legs.

"Has he talked to you?" She asked in between giving me small spoonfuls.

I was confused for a second before I realised she meant if David had thought anything to me.

"No he hasn't. Stefan said I was making it difficult for his wolf, so I dont wanna disturb him." I said softly.

Anna smiled a little.

"You know, I have lived 437 years, and I have still not found my mate. It must be quite the experience?" She asked.

"Witches have mates too?" I asked.

"Oh dear yes, your daddy's mate is a witch, remember?" She said like a mother teaching a toddler something obvious.

"Right... I forgot. I have been so used to not knowing anything about him... My dad i mean. He is just air to me quite frankly..." I said. Anna's eyes lit up.

"How was your mother?" She asked, somehow she seemed very interested, and I wondered if she actually did care a bit perhaps?

"She was wonderful. Loved me to death and supported me through my whole life. Beside a few friends i have grown up with she was all i had. She died last year, I now know she was cursed but up until today I thought she had cancer. That was rhe only thing the doctors could explain her symptoms with." I mumbled.

Anna looked intrigued by my story.

"What did you do for a living? Until you found your little wolf of course." She asked again. She had completely stopped feeding me by now, but it had been so long since I had met someone who wanted to listen to my stories.

"I was an assistant to a solicitor back in Brighton. He was very nice to hire me, despite the fact that I never finished university. I had to take care of mom so I didn't even have any experience. But he insisted that I would be perfect for the job." I smiled at the memory. "But I doubt I still have that position. By now I have missed several days work and he hasn't heard from me..."

Anna sent me a look of pity before she continued to feed me the soup.

When the bowl was empty Anna picked the tray of my legs and left the room again.

I sighed and laid my head back towards the fireplace and watched the flames dance slowly.

My eyelids had just started drooping when a certain deep voice echoed in my mind.

Darling, are you awake?

His voice send a wave of comfort through me.

David... Are you okay?

I send back to him.

I am alright now Darling. I just wanted to say good night.

His voice sent shivers through me as I closed my eyes and pictured him standing right in front of me.

Darling, I don't think I told you this, but after I marked you I am also able to tell what you are feeling.

I furrowed my brows.

What? How? I asked him as I tried to grasp the consequenses of this information.

I don't know how it works baby. But trust me when I say, I thorougly enjoy the feeling you get when I pop into your mind.

I could almost feel the smirk on his lips.

Arse.

I thought back to him.

Sleep tight darling.

You too. I softly thought to him.