23. Trapped Again

When I woke up I was still in the bed. The sheets gently wrapped around me and David were sitting in a chair by the desk. His head resting on his hand on the table and soft snores leaving his mouth.

I felt rested, but my anger and confusion had not dissapeared despite the sleep. I tried swinging my legs over the edge, with every intention og walking out the front door and not returning. But it seemed that my legs werent listening. They didn't move at all despite my attempts.

I cant move!? I started panicking, my heartrate picking up as i realized that no part of my body would move. I could turn my head, but nothing else.

Tears streamed down my face in sheer panick and I breathed shallowly.

"Help... Please help..." I whimpered as the claustrophobia overcame me.

In a flash David was in front of me, his hair tousled and his eyes showing panick. He quickly scanned the room, and then looked back at me.

"Darling, what's wrong?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"I.. I can't.. my legs..." Imumbled through the tears and laboured breathing. David's expression turned to one of confusion as he slowly placed a hand around my mark. He sat on the edge of the bed without letting go of me. His fingers caressed the soft skin gently as he closed his own eyes. Without wanting to I slowly calmed down, tingles dancing around my skind by his gentle touch. He looked me in the eyes and gently rubbed my chin with his thumb while he listened to my heartbeat slow down.

"I can't move David." I whispered when my breathing started to slow down too.

His eyes opened wide as he retrieved his hands. My panick quickly returned as he aggressively pulled the sheets of me. He ran his hands down both my legs and arms, with a serious expression. He checked along my spine and my neck. Confused he looked back up to me.

"Nothing is broken or anything darling, I... I don't understand..." He breathed out with frustration clear in his eyes.

"STEFAN?" He yelled while pacing a few steps before casting a sorrowfilled look back at me.

Stefan barged into the room, only wearing his underwear and a livid expression.

"Hun kan ikke bevæge sig, hvad foregår der?!" She can't move, what is happening!? He asked with a slightly high pitch and insisting voice. Stefan looked around confused before opening and then closing his mouth.

Slowly the situation dawned on Stefan whose expression changed to a confused one. He looked to me and scratched the back of his neck. His body language relaxed slightly and he leaned back against the wall.

"Måske er det en reaktion på.. du ved.." Maybe it's a reaction to.. you know.. He gestured to my neck.

"Det har jeg fandeme aldrig hørt om!" I have never fucking heard of that before! David said angrily.

Stefan looked towards me, and saw my panicked expression, accompanied by my erratic heatbeat, that even I could hear. He nodded towards the hallway and grabbed David, pulling him out of the room.

I still laid there, arms and legs limp and looking towards the door. I could still feel everything, it just didn't move. I tried really pushing, getting all my focus on making my finger move. I looked down at it, wishing anything would happen. By now I didn't care if it just caught fire, as long as it did something.

I kept my gaze firm and pushed with all my might, and just as I was about to give up, David reentered the room. He gave me a small defeated smile and picked up the few belongings of his that were scattered around the room. A suitcase stood in front of the small dresser and he packed efterthing away before handing it to a waiting Stefan. Even he sent me a small smile before leaving with the luggage.

"Darling, we are going to Uppsala, there is a witch, Anna Hack, we think she might be able to help. She has helped our family before." He said gently and looked at me for a reaction.

I thought about it, feeling my hope for escape crumble in front of me. But I knew I couldn't do much in this current state anyways. I felt tears in my eyes as I turned my head downwards.

He sighed and gently rubbed my arm. After a few moments he turned towards me and pricked me up from the bed. Everything aside from my head was limp. David cradled me to his chest as he walked out of the small cabin. The sun had risen, and the dew was just barely visible from my position. I felt David rub circles on my knee and his breathing was uneven. When we reached the car, Stefan was already in the drivers seat and the car was running.

David put me in the backseat and fastened my seatbelt. He made sure I was leaning on the backseat before he rounded the car and got in next to me. He scooted up close to me and got me comfortable against him.

He nodded to Stefan who quickly swerved out on the small dirtroad and started driving.

We reached the scew tree with the yellow leaves and the small sliver of hope I had for my future withered away as I let the tears stream.