48. What Love Does

We were currently in a car, Hari and Eric was in the front and driving, Stefan was seated to my right and David to my left. Both of the men were proportionately way too big, and I had not much space to sit on. It was very early in the morning. We had stayed an extra day with Aake and his family, before starting the journey of returning home.

I had figured that the drive to Denmark would be long, but in this arrangement it would be even longer.

David had his hand on my thigh and were rubbing small circles on the fabric of my pants.

I had learned that Aake, Taavi, Hari, Eric and Luka were swedish, but lived in the Finland to be close to Aake's mate's family. They had all been so nice to me and I had dreaded to leave. Aake and Taavi's mother had even appeared during dinner last night. Her purpose was to merely slap Taavi and Aake in the back of the head before grabbing a portion of food and dissapearing into her room again. Her name was Helga.

The small memory made me smile. I didn't have many funny anectdotes from family gatherings, so I was basking in this deepfelt joy.

Only about an hour and a half into the trip I could feel that David were tense. He seemed on edge and stared notoriously out of the window. Stefan hadn't said a word since we entered the car, but I could see that he was deep in thought.

I furrowed my brows as I tried to figure out what had triggered them. Hari took an exit from the motorway, and we entered smaller roads. Wouldn't the motorway be quicker this early in the drive? I thought to myself.

"Du er virkelig en nar David, det håber jeg du ved." Stefan suddenly muttered. You are a real ass David, I hope you know that.

I looked surprised at Stefan. What on earth did he mean by that?

"Jeg ved det." I know. David answered, not looking at Stefan.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my voice annoyed.

"Nothing Darling." David said in a reassuring voice as he rubbed my thigh in a comforting manner.

"Nej, nej. Det er ingenting galt. Vi tvinger dig bare på et fucking fly ud af landet, fordi Hr. Hysterisk syntes det er den eneste måde at beskytte dig." No, no. Nothing is wrong. We are just forcing you on a fucking plane out of the country, because Mr. Hysteric thinks that it the only way to protect you. Stefan said in a sarcastic voice.

"What!?" I yelled, as I looked at David in disbelief.

Davids face contorted into confusion. "You know danish?" He asked as he looked between the other men who also looked confused.

"That is not the fucking issue right now! What the hell David!?" My voice were loud and I felt my cheeks flush with anger.

"It is not up for discussion. Until the coven is taken care of, I want you out of harms way." His tone was resolute. As he left no room for discussion I felt my blood start to boil. I glared so intensely at the airwent between my knees that I was almost certain it shrunk a little bit.

David lifted his hand, and I knew he was going to try and comfort me. I aggressively slapped his hand away as I turned my back as much to him as I possibly could.

The silence in the car was deaffening. My heart was racing against my ribcage.

No out-smarting any witch, or casting of a spell could resolve this situation. I had rarely in my life been so angered, and I did not enjoy the feeling that roared within me.

The silence dragged out the time. Until suddenly a large building came into view.

Rovaniemi Airport the letters atop of the building said.

I stepped out of the car after Stefan, Hari and Eric followed too. David had opened the trunk of the car and were reaching for my suitcase. I felt David trying to push a thought to me but I kept him out.

I yanked the suitcase out by myself and turned towards the entrance of the airport. Hari and Eric were silently walking ahead of me. The place was empty at this hour, not a single soul to be seen.

With a quick twist I turned around and saw Stefan looking away. David tried to uphold his decided demeanor. I sent him a look of pure anger before turning around again.

Suddenly my body was slammed against the wall of the airport, before I was quickly turned around and my hands pinned above my head.

A seething David was pressed against me as he looked down at my face. His free hand wrapped around my neck as he bend my head up to his. His eyes were ablaze as he looked at me. Despite my anger, a rush of desire spread throughout me as he was pressed against me.

He bend down and caught my lips with his own in wild passion. His leg pryed mine open as he came impossibly closer.

"Don't block me out darling, I will always get back in." He whispered against my lips.

THE END