10. To Believe Is To See

Once the words left my mouth, he smiled and pulled my hand towards his chest. I didn't protest. My mind was slowly becoming dizzy, and I found it difficult to reason what was happening. A small smile spread on his lips.

"No darling, but a bit affected perhaps." He caressed my cheek. I loved his touch. Sparks followed the trail of his fingers and I somehow wanted him to keep going.

"I know this is confusing, but trust me when I say, I won't hurt you." He looked deeply into my eyes. His voice were calm and collected, but deadly serious.

"How can I trust that?" I whispered. I had lost all control of my own voice by now. But I felt so at peace, I knew deep down that my feelings were irrational, but I couldn't make myself react differently. No matter how hard I tried, I could not fear him.

I was completely affected by this haze, this illusion that he was not dangerous.

His other hand rested on my knee, and I remembered his actions this night. How he had gripped my thigh, how he had looked down at me with this undeniable desire, how dominantly he had handled me.

I started vividly imagining what that could have led to. And I liked it. Him above me, touching my body, kissing me. Had I just let him rip my underwear.

A growl ripped from the kind man in front of me. I had been staring into his eyes as my imagination ran wild.

"Darling that has to stop. You smell absolutely devine.." he leaned his head closer to me and grazed my jawline with his teeth. He left a kiss just below my ear and let out an uneven sigh.

"But.. Please remember this when I leave, I wanna do this right. I want you to trust me." He had moved his face back and looked me in the eyes with a deep emotion I had never seen before.

I glanced over his features.

"Why do I trust you right now.. and last night, and yesterday in Copenhagen." My voice was low. I felt high and found it difficult to stay focused.

"I can't explain that now, darling. Please just stay here until I come back, I have paid for the room two weeks in advance." He slowly rose to his feet and kissed the top of my head.

I held out his scarf to him. His hands closed around mine and gently pushed it back to me. "Please keep it, and use it if you get scared or feel sick, it might help keep you here. Just for a while." His voice got lower and lower and the last part I only just heard him say.

As I watched him walk across the path to the parking lot, I basked in the intoxicated feeling. My head didn't hurt and I wasn't sick. I was lightheaded and everything seemed alright. I felt drunk, like i could conquer the world. All thanks to him. What a kind man.