Chapter 27: Rebirth 1⁄2

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a new chapter as soon as I can (Usually from 3 weeks to one month from now on) AAAAND Sorry for taking this much time for this one! We'll try our best to be faster!

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff! LINK IN BIO!

«Soldiers, hang tight! They must not pass!» Yomikawa yelled with her shield up; while Mikoto and the others were busy fighting at the hospital parking, Anti-Skill and Judgment were trying to fight back the possessed herd. The security forces were equipped with shields and smoke bombs, but the unreal strength of the wolf marked was too difficult to overcome; in addition, the controlled clones had rifles too and that was making the whole situation way more lethal.

«Try harder, Tessou!» Yomikawa said to her goofy bespectacled partner.

«I-I'm trying, but... if they keep going like this, they'll break our defences in no time...» the woman replied, intimidated by the number of the herd that was diving on them all; the possessed were also aiming to the helpless students in the backlines.

«They'll defeat us... we have no other choice.» a soldier took his gun out and targeted a clone.

«YOU, STOP RIGHT THERE!» Yomikawa yelled at him once she noticed. «even if it doesn't seem... those are still our students. Try hurting my children and you'll answer to me!» she added threatening, so the man surrendered to her orders; anyways, she paid this distraction. A possessed got over her shield and bit her on the neck.

«Yomikawa-san?!» Tessou exclaimed worried; she would've soon realized the neck wound of her Senpai was the last of their problems.

It was a matter of a second before Touma's punch deformed Elana's candid face, but that tiny moment was enough to make Chiara's mind work; she was a professional detective just like Fran, the fact her archenemy was back in fight even after getting defeated and that all her opponents teamed up to deliver that attack on Elana was something she really needed to figure out.

«Why did they use all their resources on Elana...? Even knowing knocking her out would've been useless... Shirai Kuroko is almost torn on herself and they risked Mental Out and that nun's lives. All this just to help that boy get closer to Elana and hit her? Why? Him hitting her was really that important to them? If that's so... then why didn't they just teleport him closer thanks to Shirai Kuroko's powers...? I get it...! Because they couldn't! The ability of that boy is not to be immune to others' powers... but to nullify them! If now he touches Elana... she would lose her ability and all the power ups I gave her and this means only one thing, and that is...!!!» Chiara noticed Misaki had her remote ready; her considerations were correct, however, one second was not enough time to help her or sentencing something.

«ELANA, DODGE!» Chiara screamed to her partner, cold sweating from her forehead and with her eyes covered in terror; that was the only thing she could've said while she ran flying at her; obviously Elana wasn't suspecting anything and, even if she heard Chiara's advice, she had no intention to dodge. Anyways, what really saved her was her hunter instinct.

A couple of light gun shots shattered the tension of the moment; Elana managed to open one of her eyes in time. Touma got shot on his right shoulder, while the second bullet cut through his left hip; the two shots suppressed Touma's attack and he kneeled wounded at Elana's feet, who appeared to have an hidden barrel inside of her left sleeve from where the bullets came from; the girl recovered from her temporary blindness and wielded a second gun, taking it from the back of her skirt.