Epilogue

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff!

LINK IN BIO!

This love in my heart, it will burn on forever
granting me courage, i hope it will never stop
and no matter where you are
nothing is too far
with our everlasting bonds, we'll reach it

We Are Hope

14 days after Chiara's Demise:

A new dawn was shining upon Gakuen Toshi, the mild sunrise was warming up the freezing temperatures of the upcoming winter; the city had already moved on from what happened, chaotic events were daily and easily forgotten.

A normal person would have never let slip the apocalypse Elana made real with her undead like epidemy and what the absurd power of Chiara caused, who almost deleted the entire place; but this city was built different.

Topsides easily disguised the mess generated by Just in Herd with a weird case of rabies, the made-up story they told consisted in a case of dangerous patient under special observation who casually managed to escape the facility; this contagious kind of infection allegedly caused the individual to lose their consciousness down to a mental state of a wild beast looking for fights and bites. The leaders of the city wanted to keep Elana's identity a secret; after all, it was because of their distraction and mistakes if Elana, an actual hazardous lab rat they were supposed to buy and sell in safety, managed to freely roam around the city and do harm.

About Chiara, they claimed that all the weird colors and the fact that the sky turned nocturnal in afternoon hours was because of a school project of newborn young scientists trying out new features for the upcoming festivals. If this explanation looks this cheap is because not everyone of the topsides were really aware of what happened and this resulted in a quick way to gloss over the case and forget about this.

At the end, only who hardly fought that day, only who risked their own life to save the fate of their friends and the world knew exactly the truth of what happened.

Mikoto was tightly hugging her big plush she used to sleep with; the lessons were about to start and she wasn't out of bed yet. Kuroko, instead, was already dressed up and coiffed; still, she would've never left without her partner.

«Onee-sama... come on! Get in your uniform! Listen... I don't' care if I get caught! Let's leave with the teleport and we won't be late!»

«Yeah... just a minute, Kuroko...» Misaka left the bed to a quick shower. She wanted some time to think and turn off the noises in her head.

The girl observed her body, covered in scratches and healing wounds; eventually, she was the luckiest one. Kuroko was waiting to remove the cast on her broken arm and Kamijou Touma's gun wounds were kept out of danger with the best doctor treatment. Even her longtime rival, Shokuhou Misaki, was still under medical observation but she didn't forget to keep her words: she used her Mental out to modify the Judgment's girls memory and remove the presence of the Misaka clones and Network, preventing Mikoto to give embarrassing explanations.