Chapter 6: A lightning

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a chapter weekly (friday) so stay tuned :D

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff!

LINK IN BIO!

There was a shining glimpse of light in a dark wood, a hand was trying to catch a slippery little firefly; he could never grab it and even when he managed to reach it, the light was getting away from him faster.

Fran slowly opened his eyes and turned toward the clock on the wall; it was 7 A.M and he was in the bed of the hospital where he was admitted three days ago. He had his arm in a cast and his body was covered in patches and bands.

«This dream again, huh...» he said watching his own hand palm.

«You're already awake!» a voice from nearby the door caught his attention; it was Yomikawa who got closer to his bed and sat next to him.

«Oh... Yomikawa-sama. What are you doing here?» Fran said sighing.

«Don't give me that disappointed face! Can't I visit one of my hospitalized students?» the woman replied bothered.

«It's not you... I clearly specified to the nurses to forbid any type of visit.»

«I know... but did you really think some kid's request could count anything against someone like me? Eheh!» Yomikawa exclaimed with a pleased smile; Fran sighed twice.

«It's your fault since you forbid the visits that girl couldn't come here to thank you!» Yomikawa added.

«Huh? Which girl?» Fran asked confused.

«Hello? Are you with us? Ayuzawa Akiko, the daughter of the great stylist who organized the event that made you a living mummy!» Yomikawa answered, slightly pulling some of Fran's bandage.

«Oh, yes... her. Well, that's better. I don't care about the visits of people I know, imagine the ones of strangers who mean nothing to me.» Fran said, as he turned watching through the window.

«That girl is leaving Gakuen Toshi.» and with those words, Yomikawa drew the boy's attention again and kept talking. «She asked me to tell you she decided to walk her own path and not the one others built for her. Now she's probably on the flight out already... she said she wants to open a store with her loved one and that she doesn't care to become a powerful esper like they imposed her since now... I didn't know her at all before all this but I cannot hide how proud of her I am now!»

«Tsk... like I even care to know all of this useless stuff about what she is doing.» Fran said, hiding his eyes. «What about her mother? Possible she didn't even try to stop her from leaving?»

«You don't know anything because you was resting here for all this time... but I think lady Ayuzawa has something much more important to deal with rather than her daughter's romantic getaway. After your match, Gakuen Toshi's security council stopped all the competitions and decided to cancel this event forever due to the consequences it had on many students. Its organizers are now under investigation for corruption and many others complications... I'm on it right now while we speaking!» Yomikawa answered in details.