Chapter 22: Couple Counseling

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a chapter weekly (friday) so stay tuned :D

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff! LINK IN BIO!

Fran pulled away from the phone and looked at Mikoto with a scared and distressed face; the girl wasn't understanding what was happening to him all of a sudden, so she asked for explanations.

«Is she... lying? Do you really know her or is this a prank? I can talk to her instead, if you want...» Misaka proposed but, as soon as he heard those words, Fran quickly grabbed the phone and approached it to his ears; this made the level five even more suspicious and demanding clarifying.

«Who is this...?» the boy asked in low voice.

«Wait, didn't she tell you? Chiara! I'm Chiara!» the voice on the other side answered playfully, it was really deep and feminine; Fran immediately stood up from the bench and tried to leave, but Mikoto rapidly grabbed his arm and stopped him.

«Fran-san, I'm worried now... who is the girl on the phone?!»Misaka questioned peremptorily, she had no intention to let him flee without an answer; Fran had not the strength or the courage to speak. This tremendous sudden situation seemed to be a dead end: he couldn't reveal who Chiara was, but he had to impede them to talk on the phone; nobody knows what they could've spoken about.

«Ehy! Don't leave me hanging! I want to talk with you both, put it on speaker!» Chiara yelled from the call with all her strength and Mikoto unluckily heard the message.

«You heard that, Fran-san? Give me my phone.» Mikoto exclaimed, waiting with her hand wide open.

«Please, Misaka-san... let me talk with her alone. Trust m-»

«Enough, Fran!» Mikoto intervened before he could have finished, very angry. «I bet this girl has something to do with the stuff you want to keep us hidden, right?! Your past is so secret you are so frightened I could get to know some?! Do you think I never made a mistake just because I'm Misaka Mikoto?! If only you knew...»

«Guys, stop! I've nothing to spare with him! Just put me on speaker, come on!» Chiara yelled again; Fran remained dismayed. He didn't know if she was serious or just pretending to be willing to keep the secrets.

One thing or the other, Mikoto used this hesitation moment of his to quickly grasp back her phone and put it on speaker; Fran sighed and surrendered, sitting next to her again.

«We can hear you now. Talk. What do you want from us and how did you get this number?» Misaka asked serious.

«Aaaaah! No need to be this surly! I'm an ex friend of Francy. Let's just say I'm looking forward to eliminate him now, in a brief.» the girl on the phone answered.

«Very bold words, you know that? You're talking with someone who cares a lot about their fiend, besides being a level five. Are you good at tough talk only behind a screen?» Mikoto replied resolute.

«Jeez. You're so rude! Completly different from this one friend of yours I just met and I'm hanging out with...» weird noises were heard coming from the phone, sounding like someone was getting dragged near to the speaker. «M-Misaka-san... help me, please...» it was Uiharu's voice.