Chapter 21: Railgun squared

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a chapter weekly (friday) so stay tuned :D

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff! LINK IN BIO!

«Onee-sama... could you try to sit down for at least one moment?» Kuroko asked as her eyes were following Mikoto going up and down around the room.

«I can't! Yesterday I couldn't go because of bonus lessons, but today the moment finally came! I just can't wait it to be open! I booked the first round!» Misaka answered with enthusiasm.

«Oof... I've made peace with seeing you so excited for those childish stuff but I want to remember you we are in a Judgment office and we all are busy with work.» Kuroko explained, but Misaka already left her hanging and went next to Uiharu.

«Uiharu-san! Why do you wear such an heavy scarf even if we're indoors? Did you catch a cold?» the level five asked.

«Oh, Misaka-san... don't worry, it's not serious. It's just an annoying sore throat and I wanted to keep it warm.» Uiharu answered with hoarse voice.

«Onee-sama! Don't ignore me like that! Now you're distracting Uiharu too!» Kuroko exclaimed angry.

«The joy Misaka-san shares when she is in the office makes everything more enjoyable! It's not a problem to us.» Elana intervened with a smile.

«You'll make me blush, Elana-san! Anyways, how are you guys doing with the preparations?» Mikoto questioned.

«They are going pretty well. Thanks to Shirai-san who managed to catch one of the organizers of the attack, now we know when and where his mates are going to break into the hospital today.» the new colleague replied.

«But why do they want to attack a clinic? What do they get from that?» Misaka asked with her index on the chin, thoughtful.

«Something nasty. They had the order to kidnap as many children as possible. The Child Errors the hospital is taking care of are precious "resources" for this city's freaks...» Kuroko answered with low stare and saddened.

«Disgusting... but we'll stop them!» Uiharu intervened, trying to raise her voice as possible.

«You guys really look charged up...» Mikoto said, but not with the grit someone expected from a line like that. «It's more than one week Fran-san stopped working here, but I can state you didn't let you down.»

«Obvious, Onee-sama. Jobs are never missing, but we were lucky enough to collaborate with Elana-san on various cases on last days and this made everything easier. Now we are dealing with this important hospital attack and you can bet we won't fail!» Kuroko replied resolute.

«I'm happy to hear this... huh!? It's finally time! I'm running! I wish you a good day of work! Later!» Mikoto said goodbye to everybody and ran really fast out of the building; her destination was the city's greatest Arcade.

Both today and yesterday there would have been inaugurated a new underground room of the Arcade and introduced an innovating game mode; the reason Mikoto wanted to participate so much, and especially to win, was because the event's sponsor was her favourite character and brand: Gekota.