Chapter 29: Black Wings

Shoutout to our boy @Zzz-Awakening for making this amazing soundtrack for the story! Go check his youtube channel and wattpad account for his own content!
Enjoy Fran's rage official theme! : D
(I will also link it again in some part of the chapter where it fits a lot! See you later!)

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a new chapter as soon as I can (Usually from 3 weeks to one month from now on)

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff! LINK IN BIO!

The ghoulish and unbelievable moment seemed to have frozen time; no one had still acknowledged the other's conditions, they were all paralyzed in terror. Touma, the only one fully awake, was the first one taking the reins on the situation; he saw Index feeling sick and ran to support her, but then he noticed Kuroko almost drowning below the black slime and decided to help her first.

«Hey, you! Wake up!» the boy gave her some light slaps on her cheeks and Shirai regained consciousness: she started coughing and heavy breathing, but she could stand up again.

«W-what the hell happened to Fran-san...?» She asked shaking, but Touma didn't answer and fled towards Index; he couldn't explain something he hadn't understood too, after all.

So Kuroko reached to Mikoto to check if she was fine, but the level five had her eyes fixed on Fran advancing in the direction of Chiara who, even if safe up in the sky, was floating further and further away from him.

Fran suddenly stopped and did a smug smirk.

«You are so frightened... I can see it in your eyes.» Fran affirmed smiling. «And this is not the only thing I see. I can also see your future.» the boy added, then pointed the finger at her and spoke. «You will die, Chiara... burned by the light of the sun.»

«THAT SCUMBAG!» Chiara thought with infinite rage; thinking was the only thing she was able to do. She couldn't move of speak. Her teeth were shaking so fast she would've cut her tongue if only she had tried to speak to grant a wish; she needed to concentrate her body and blank her mind, otherwise her previous sentences' effectiveness would've been compromised too.

Fran turned his stare back to Mikoto and noticed she was looking at him back too, relentlessly, but her face was dried and deathly pale; she didn't know how much more she could've lasted without breathing, but she couldn't afford to hurt her sisters. Not again.

«I have no time to waste...» Fran exclaimed, clenching his fists; then gathered all his voice and shouted: «SHOKUHOU MISAKI!». The queen was stunned due to Fran's bloodlust too, but the powerful call of the boy woke her up immediately; Shokuhou coughed away the saliva that was choking her and raised her tearing eyes up to him. Fran was looking at her straight in her eyes, unmoving, and with resolve so solid you could've felt it in the air.

«Nothing has changed, Misaki-san. The plan is the same. I believe in you.» Fran said to her.

«Huh?» Misaki couldn't understand a thing of those words' meaning, but Fran was already done with her and resumed his advance towards Chiara.