Chapter 12: Casual vs Pro Part 2

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a chapter weekly (friday) so stay tuned :D

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff!

LINK IN BIO!

Touma got past the place Fran marked as a trigger for his attack, so he ordered to the plate to raise up and eventually got ready to shoot his stealth blades; however, nothing went as planned. Touma crashed his face against the plate and bounced very far back, almost to the starting point.

«Ouch! It hurts a lot! What the hell?! A plate?! Out of nowhere?! Weren't you just using those black blades?! Who would expect it, like this, suddenly? Such misfortune!» Touma sat on the ground, stroking his painful nose.

«Huh?» that was the only thing Fran was able to say, he didn't even had the will to shoot his next attack because of how much disappointed he was by seeing his opponent's naivety, the same guy he called a great fighter some minutes ago.

«Bastard... you won't trick me a second time!» Touma shouted a battle cry and charged again with his right arm in the vanguard, in order to cancel every type of impediment in front of him in advance.

«What the hell is he thinking?! That won't work! If he keeps his arm in that straight position... he could never react to any other type of attack coming from different directions.» Fran, annoyed by his opponent's superficiality, was ready to counterattack.

Touma noticed a second plate was rising from the ground and prepared cancel it, but he didn't expect this one to be as short as his foot height; Touma tripped on it and fell with his face on the floor, but he didn't had the chance to complain this time. As soon as he turned his looks to the sky, he saw dozens of shadow spikes raining onto him.

«Is this real?!» Touma managed to cancel the ones which were going to impale him and dodge the others nearby. «I risked a lot... but I'm getting closer to him!» he said after rapidly getting back up on his feet.

«I still can't believe it...» Fran clenched his teeth and walked back slowly.

«What happened?! Are you out of bullets?» Touma asked cocky.

«Can I ask you something...?» Fran requested with bated breath.

«What do you want?» Touma replied.

«Are you always like this?!» Fran asked furious, so angry Touma got scared due to the sudden attitude change.

«Like this... how?» The level zero wanted explanations.

«You charge against the enemy without thinking... you always rely on a last second strategy without knowing if it would really work. And you act cocky too?! I had thousands ways to kill you while you were lying on the floor but I was too disappointed to do it! Is this how you plan to save your friend?» Fran exclaimed in rage and disapproval.

«Does it really matter?» Touma's answer silenced Fran's complain. «I'm saving Index because she needs me. I don't care what's the right way to do it, I'll just do it.»

«What a pathetic reason... are you telling me the only things you rely on are luck and hope?» Fran said with such lower voice it almost couldn't be heard, then he grabbed his forehead like he was feeling sick. «I'm getting ill... thinking this is the attitude he defeated the number one ranked and saved Misaka... Accelerator probably sat on a nuclear bomb naked in order to lose against him, I can't explain it otherwise... I lost my will to fight him, I'll tell him the truth and I'll leave.» Fran thought Touma wasn't someone worthy to battle anymore and decided he was going to tell him he forfeits the match, but he wasn't considering his opponent's last words.