꧁ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 14꧂

today was the day of the all valley. after what went down a few nights ago, I hadn't talked to anyone apart from Miguel. my dad hasn't shown up at the house since then either

my nerves were rising as I was walking up to the sports arena, hand in hand with Miguel. I let out a heavy sigh, "you okay, babe?" Miguel asks stopping to stand in front of me.

"yeah... just really nervous." I replied letting out a nervous laugh.

"you're gonna do amazing." he smiled. we continued walking until we caught up with the rest of cobra kai. still no sign of my dad.

"addi where is your dad? the tournaments gonna start soon." hawk asks walking up to me.

"I dont know. he hasn't been around since that night at the canyon."

"he'll be here," Aisha mumbled.

"I dont know about that." bert jumped in. we all turned to look at him. "I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying... a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot yelling, 'you wanna be his father fine! now, who's pissed? we're all gonna die, kid! we're all gonna die!" Bert exclaimed.

"shit!" I yelled.

"why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha questioned.

"I dont know. I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal."

"well, we're here and he's not. so it's officially a big deal. what if something happened to him?" hawk exclaimed in Bert's face. "like what?"

"I dunno, like he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out."

"hawk. his daughter is standing right here." I exclaimed pointing to myself. "no. sensei would never kill himself. that's too pussy a move." Aisha added I nodded in agreement.

"whatever. I mean, we're here. we're gonna have to do it without him." hawk states annoyed.

"do what without me?" dad yells walking up to us. "dad! where the hell have you been?" I ask holding back the urge to hug him. "we didn't think you were gonna show up." hawk says casually.

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." he states. "all right. let's sign up." Miguel suggests annoyed. "not yet. there's one more lesson I have to teach you."

we all headed inside to the lobby, we circled around dad. "this gives me cult vibes." I mumbled over to Miguel. he tried to keep his laughter in. "you've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. but I haven't taught you the third rule of cobra kai... no mercy. the older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. you wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth." I cringed at Dad's choice of words.

"you get an "f" on a test," he continued, "you get suspended. fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away. car gets set on fire. just when you think things are going well, everything falls apart. That's how it goes! life shows no mercy, so neither do we. we do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. we do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. we do whatever it takes to win! remember who you are. you're badass! you dont give a shit! you kick ass! you're cobra kai." dad exclaims.

"cobra kai!!" Miguel yelled, "yeah!" everyone responded in unison. "all right guys. let's get down there and kick the shit outta everybody!"

"yeah!"

Miguel went to grab his gi out of his bag, "no." dad stops him. "you're not wearing those."

dad had given us black karate gis, the cobra kai logo was on the back with a small patch with a fist that had our names on them, on the front.