☾ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23☽

school was starting up again next week

school was starting up again next week. the summer went by so fast. moon was throwing an end-of-summer party tonight, and tonight dad was going on another date with Carmen, the third one this month. I had gone over to Miguel's even though he wasn't home, I went there for carmen. I was helping her pick something for her date and she helped me pick something for Moon's party.

I had picked out a red v-neck dress with flowers on it for her, she added some earrings. "carmen you look really beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad is completely speechless when he gets here." I chuckled as she was searching through her closet.

 "thank you Mija. okay, how about this?" she asked pulling out a long-sleeved green shirt, a pair of blue mom jeans and some white heels. (like the picture provided above.) I took the clothes and put them on.

I stepped out of the bathroom with a smile, I loved the outfit and I loved how I looked in it. "holy shit carmen. this is.. wow. you need to pick my outfits more." I exclaimed slipping on the heels. 

"you look amazing Adelaide. just wait for Miggy to get home, his nervousness will prove that." she smiled and I burst out into laughter. 

"he does get pretty nervous when he thinks I look good doesn't he?" I said in between laughs. we headed out to the kitchen where Yaya was cooking something.

"Le has dicho a Miguel que estás saliendo con su sensei?" (have you told Miguel you're dating his sensei?) Yaya asked carmen. 

"it's just another dinner, mama. let's see where it goes. besides I'm not sure how I feel about him." carmen stated, Yaya started laughing, 

"con ese atuendo, yo diría que estás... hot for teacher." I chuckled at yayas words. Carmen smiled and shook her head at us.

then someone knocked at the door,  carmen's face grew excited, I went to answer it. it was my dad, "hi dad!" I exclaimed. 

"hi johnny." carmen spoke softly coming up from behind me. 

hey. wow..." was all dad managed to say. 

"mira te lo dije, sin palabras." (see told you, speechless." I mumbled to carmen in Spanish knowing my father didn't understand. she chuckled and he gave me a look of confusion, I smiled and gestured my head to carmen. he cleared his throat 

"oh uh, ready to go?" she smiled and they left.

I sat in Miguel's room waiting for him to get home, moons party was in fifteen minutes and I didn't know where he was. I then got a text from moon.

moon <3

hey Adelaide! are you and Miguel still coming?

I just replied with a simple 'yes.' then Miguel walked in, he jumped not expecting me to be in his room. "shit Adelaide you scared me-- Woah, uh. you uh. you look really beautiful." he stuttered pulling me in for a kiss. I giggled into the kiss thinking of the conversation carmen and I had before she left.