☾ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35☽

"I really like you, Adelaide

"I really like you, Adelaide."

I was not expecting those words to come out of her mouth. I thought she was going to come out as lesbian or something. I stood there speechless not knowing what to say. "Adelaide say something," she said with a worrying tone.

"I uh, I don't know what to say." I blankly said. "then say anything!" she slightly exclaimed. "you... like me?" I questioned pointing between me and her. she looked down and nodded her head. "shit I never I shouldn't have told you. I'm such an idiot." she rambled with a sad look. "no-no m, it's okay." I smiled at her.

"that's why piper broke up with me, she knew I liked you. she was so pissed off at me." she awkwardly chuckled as she explained to me her break-up story. I let out a quiet 'oh.' "I'm surprised you didn't know. Yasmine and Demetri told me it was so obvious." she continued to speak. "Demetri knew?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. of course, he knew, how does he know everything?

thinking about it, I guess a part of me had always had a tiny bit of feelings for moon. of course, I pushed them away because I was with Miguel and put myself in denial. "moon, I just broke up with Miguel, like literally just broke up with him." I told her trying my best not to hurt her. maybe in the future, something could happen but right now isn't the time.

"Yeah, I know. I'm not asking for a relationship or anything, I just wanted to let you know. get off my chest." she weakly smiled. damnit, you hurt her Adelaide you dumbass. "how about we go to an ice cream place, forget this happened?" she suggested with a hopeful smile. it wouldn't hurt to get some ice cream, I agreed and we were off to the ice cream place.

when we arrived the environment was very familiar to me, I couldn't tell why. we ordered our icecreams and sat in a booth. eating ice cream with one hand was hard! my face was a mess. "girl... you have ice cream on your face." moon exclaimed laughing extremely loud. "where?" I laughed back. "everywhere." she continued cackling.

"eating ice cream with arm is hard moon. I wanna see you try." I defended. once her laughs calmed down she finished her ice cream. I was still struggling, my ice cream was pretty much soup. my face was still a mess. "here let me help you clean your face. you're like a five-year-old." moon chuckled leaning over with a napkin coming to wipe my face. I could wipe my own face.

"there we go," she whispered, a huge smile on her face as her brown eyes locked with mine. that's when butterflies started, I felt the need to kiss her. I cant. no, you just broke up with Miguel Adelaide, this is wrong!

her eyes flickered up and down looking at my eyes and lips. we both leaned in, inches away from each other. I could feel her breath on my skin. before anything happened, I pulled away. I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but I couldn't.

"I... I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that." she again apologized. "moon it's not your fault." I mumbled. "I'm going to go, my apartment isn't far from here." I smiled as walked out.

***
I got home around the same time as my dad. he was mumbling to himself as he approached carmen's door. 'carmen I figured it out. I love you.' he said confidently before going to knock on the door. "you're going to say I love you!" I squealed out loud by accident.

"where the hell did you come from-" he started before he noticed my cast. "what happened to your arm?" I shrugged, "you'll see when carmen opens the door."

he went up and knocked, carmen opened the door. "carmen i-" he began, then saw Miguel leaning against the couch, ice pack against his chest and scars across his face. "what happened?" he asked with an angry expression. Miguel told him everything that happened earlier. they went off to the cobra kai dojo to yell at kreese. I stayed back with carmen.

"I heard what happened between you and Miggy," she said as we sat down on her couch. "I can't believe my Miggy would do such things Mija." she told me grabbing my hand. "neither could i." I chuckled softly. "I'm so sorry." she apologized with a guilty look. I felt bad, it wasn't her fault.

"I didn't raise my son to do that. I have no clue what happened." she continued to put herself down. "I know you didn't. mom- carmen, he did it on his own," I told her almost screwing up and calling her mom. that was weird.

"What happened after you left sam's house. Miggy told me you went off with that moon girl," she asked me letting go of my hand.

"sheesh is that a story." I laughed leaning back. "I have time." I sighed before continuing. "so I called my best friend moon. she is the best, always cared for me. even when she bullied me, which is weird. anyways I'm rambling." I started not getting to the point.

"so obviously I broke my arm, so she took me to the hospital. hospital stuff happened and she started driving me home. on the way home, she... she told me she had feelings for me," I explained to carmen. she quietly gasped. "no way." "mhm," I told her the rest of the story. except I may have left out a tiny little detail. how we almost kissed.

"your quiet Mija. are you not telling me something?" she asked. okay, why does this woman know me so well? "nooo." I dragged out. she gave me the look. "fine. yes, I am." I muttered under my breath. "we uh. we almost kissed. I wanted to do it, we were so close, car! but I couldn't. I felt like I would let Miguel down." I quickly spoke, finishing with a deep breath.

"Woah-" she replied seeming speechless. "yep." I replied popping the p. "you cant let Miggy down. he already let you down. he did something terrible, something he should've never done. kissing moon wouldn't have done anything." she explained to me. "but isn't it too soon? we just broke up yesterday."

"that is for you to decide Mija." she smiled, she got up and went to bed. I thought about what carmen said. I knew what I was going to do.

***
I was inches away from moon's door. I kept hesitating from knocking. I finally knocked. it took almost 5 minutes until moon opened up. she saw it was me and came out, closing the door behind her. "Adelaide, what are you doing here? It's one in the morning," she questioned looking at me like a crazy person.

"let's do it," I said giving no context. she gave me a puzzled look. I gave her no context and quickly came in and pecked her lips. we looked at each other for a quick second before going in for a more passionate kiss. she gripped my hips and we headed inside.

***
maria speaks...

well... that happened 🤨 what do you guys think 😁 bye now.