☾ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29☽

it had been a week since Miguel got out of the hospital, he now has a wheelchair

it had been a week since Miguel got out of the hospital, he now has a wheelchair. my dad promised he was going to get Miguel's legs to work again, I dont know how that was gonna work but, he has the spirit I guess.

"come on Adelaide, we are going to your boyfriends! ima get those legs to work!" he confidently cheered. I got up and followed behind him as we left the apartment. "let's go speed racer!" dad called out to Miguel from outside as if he could hear him.

"I'm gonna work those gimpy legs like a.." he started as he just barged in. inside their apartment we saw Miguel laying down with a weird dude moving his legs. "rented mule." dad finished in a disgusted tone. I burst out laughing at the scene in front of me.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I apologized in between laughs, walking over to Miguel, trying to contain myself. I rubbed his shoulders and kissed him. "I'm guessing she is the girlfriend you're always talking about?" the man questioned. "no I'm his lawyer." I sarcastically responded. the man scrunched his eyebrows. "I'm kidding. of course, I'm his girlfriend." I chuckled.

"sorry. I thought you said ten that you'd be alone." dad apologized. "I'm sorry, my mom gets free physical therapy from work. and this was the only time Brayden was available." Miguel awkwardly explained. "mahalo," Brayden said towards dad. "be done soon if you and addi wanna wait." Miguel added.

carmen sighed as she looked at my dad. "now, if you're feeling any pain, Hermano, let me know." the physical therapist reassured. "still no feeling whatsoever." Miguel replied almost sounding extremely disappointed. "no worries. positive thoughts, remember?" I was trying so hard not to laugh at the look on my dad's face.

"you're doing great!" "at letting you lift his legs?" dad questioned. Miguel and I let out a quick chuckle. "johnny, Brayden is a specialist in this field. he knows what he is doing." carmen said annoyed. "slow, deep breaths." Brayden instructed as he and Miguel started deep breathing. this guy is annoying. the look on my dad's face was priceless though.

"inhale joy and love." "you gotta be shitting me?" dad exclaimed. "johnny.." carmen started. "can I talk to you for a minute?" she asked, dad nodded as carmen and he walked into the kitchen. "so, Hermano. how did a weirdo like you score a babe like that?" the man questioned smirking at me. Miguel was instantly annoyed at his smirking, "just shut up and do your job Brayden." he demanded as he fake smiled. I let out a quiet laugh.

Miguel finished half an hour later, Brayden and I helped him into his wheelchair. they went outside to Brayden's car, I followed them, just in case. "great job today, jefe. you crushed it." Brayden said putting a fist out in front of Miguel.

"really? it didn't really feel like I did much of anything," Miguel replied doubting himself. I hate when he does that. "hey, no negative thoughts. just positive energy. plus, you got that smoking hot girl. you should be happy!" he encouraged. isn't he like forty? Miguel's face scrunched, "ill, uh, keep that in mind. and uh, dont call my girlfriend that." he replied awkwardly.