☾ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21☽

it was currently 5 am and we all were in the dojo, tired, waiting for my dad to come

it was currently 5 am and we all were in the dojo, tired, waiting for my dad to come. apparently, we were going to the woods for 'special training' according to Kreese. I was leaning into Miguel who had his arms around me for support as I was half asleep trying to stay awake. (picture above if you dont know what I mean.) then my dad walked in, our attention turned to him. Miguel and I approached him, "hey sensei, I'm sorry about your loss." Miguel started. "thanks."

"Hi, dad." I yawned giving a lazy wave. "so how was the funeral?" Miguel asked making conversation, as we walked with dad, "as good as any funeral, can be." he replied. "so how'd it go around here while I was gone?" dad asked. "great. I mean sensei Kreese is tough, but uh he knows what it takes to win." Miguel explained. "anything else?" he asked eyeing us up and down.

Miguel looked down at me and smiled, "wait... you guys said it?" he exclaimed. Miguel nodded with a wide smile. "awesome! finally, I can stop hearing you two stress over it." dad cheered. "oh. so that's what Miggy says about me to you huh?" I chuckled, "some of it." dad shrugged as he walked away.

"everybody get your gis on. training starts in five minutes." dad ordered as he walked out of his office. confused murmurs went around the room. we all approached dad in unison, "yeah what's wrong?" he asked confused. "n-n-nothings wrong. I just thought we were going to the woods for special training today." Miguel responded.

dad gave Kreese a puzzled look, "what's going on in the woods?"

"well I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys... and the girls too, I suppose." Kreese cleared up. "how?" "coyote creek."

dad sighed, "I'm not sure they're ready for that." he mumbled. "there's only one way to find out." Kreese mumbled back. "we're ready, sensei. we wanna prove ourselves." hawk called out. "it's up to sensei Lawrence. if he says it okay, then, and only then, is it okay." Kreese replied.

we all gave dad hopeful eyes, well I gave tired but hopeful eyes. he look directly at Miguel and me, "alright, what are you waiting for? let's go" he stated.

Miguel unwrapped his arms from around me and went to grab my hand instead as we walked out of the dojo. dad, Miguel, tory, Aisha and I, took one car together. Aisha sat upfront with dad while tory, Miguel and I sat in the back. it was squishy but it worked.

after an hour drive of blasting 80's music, singing at the top of our lungs, we arrived at coyote creek. we were split into two different teams, Aisha and I were on the opposite team of Miguel and tory. jade showed up to watch, even though she wasn't in karate. dad and Kreese tried to get her to leave but she was too stubborn.

"Gentlemen, ladies. Welcome to coyote creek." Kreese began, "you've been split into two teams. red... and black. the goal is to capture as many headbands as possible from the other side. today the people across from you are not your friends. they're not your brothers. they are not your lovers. they are the enemy." Kreese explained as Miguel and I smirked at each other.