Chapter 11

It's been already a few days since I have wrecked Xander's Aston Martin. He is still so pissed at me. But I don't care. He was asking for it himself but the sad fact is that he is never going to return me my boutique back. He's just too stubborn.

But I have another plan up my sleeve. Emma called me earlier. She said Xander's parents want to meet me so that we can get to know each other properly and I have invited them for dinner tonight. I have also called Emily for dinner. It's been so long since we have spend time with each other.

She's going to be here any minute now. I already told Erin to prepare dinner for six people. I offer to help her but she is not willing to accept it. I wonder what Emma had told her.

The doorbell rings and already knowing who it is, I open it quickly.

"Aylaaaaaaa", my best friend says as she hugs me instantly. "I miss you so much."

"I know you did not", I laugh and hug her back. "You're too busy with my brother."

"I can't believe we are finally together Ayla", she blushes as she speaks.

"Aww look at you", I gush out. "I'm so happy for both of you."

"How's Xander by the way?", she asks.

"Let's go in my room first", I roll my eyes.

I guide her in my room and we sit on the bed while I tell her everything about what I did and how Xander is still angry with me.

"Ayla", she gasps. "Men really consider cars as their soulmate and you destroyed it, no wonder he is still angry."

"I don't really care to be honest", I shrug. "He is not willing to return my boutique."

"How is he treating you?"

"As a stranger", I say. "We never speak to each other. He always makes as if I'm not here which I don't mind. As long as I have my space to be on my own peacefully, I don't really care."

"I hope one day he realizes how amazing you are Ayla", she encourages me in a gentle tone.

"His loss", I flip my hair while laughing. "Besides I can't stand him Em. He is like a robot. He has no feelings and he never smiles. He always has that look on his face as if he's ready to kill someone anytime. He looks dead from inside. I hope one day he comes to his sense and finally decides to divorce me. Until then I will make his life a living hell."

"I really hope you find someone who loves you unconditionally Ayla", she utters while looking like she's about to cry.

"Em", I hug her quickly. "Don't cry for me. You know how tough I am right? Honestly, I don't think....."

"Shut up", her tone is fierce. "I know it will happen one day. You have been through hell in the past Ayla and I just want you to be happy."

"Being in love with Eliot is affecting you too much huh?", I tease her.

"Love is a completely different feeling", she says dreamily. "I feel so happy all the time."

She really looks over the moon and there's a glow on her face. I guess being with Eliot makes her feel content. I'm just so happy for her.

"But we are still jobless", I whine.

"Don't worry we will find a way"

"I hope so"

The door opens abruptly and an angry-looking Xander enters inside. He is always angry.

"Can we talk in private?", he asks when his eyes fall on Emily in a cold tone and as usual his eyes look dead.