Chapter 14

The next day, Xander leaves early as usual. He looked concerned yesterday. That was weird because we have never had a normal conversation. I just hope he is not blaming himself.

I get ready myself and curse when I see that I'm going to be late again. It's going to be the third time now. Xander did warned me that he hates lateness. I really hope he does not shouts at me today because I'm having a headache since morning.

I reach the company at eight thirty. I'm thirty minutes late. I wave at Liz and walk hurriedly in the elevator and press the upper floor.

"Mrs Grey", Colton says as soon as he sees me.

"Ayla! Colton", I correct him sternly. "Just call me Ayla. It's not that difficult."

"Yes", he nods. "Nina just went inside Mr Grey's office. She's acting as his secretary since you are late."

"Let her", I smile.

"What? Why?", he looks shock and leaning closer, he adds, "Ayla, she's trying to steal your man."

"They suit each other", I whisper back and wink at him before entering my cabin.

He's shook.

I take my seat and start sorting Xander's schedule but seems like Nina already did it. Well, if she wants to do my work for free, she can be my guest. I start sending some emails in the meantime and next thing, I know, it's already ten. Xander has a meeting in fifteen minutes with the designing department.

I take the files related for the meeting and enter his office. He lifts his gaze instantly and I can clearly see the shock in his them. Wait a second! Did he think that just because of this small wound, I would stayed back home? Well never!

"You have a meeting in fifteen minutes", I remind him. "I hope Nina has already told you."

"I did."

I turn around when I hear her voice and she smiles brightly for some reason. She looks too happy.

"You were late", she continues. "Again. So I had to sort Xander's schedule for him."

So the reason she looks so happy is because I'm late again. I know for a fact she thinks that Xander is going to give me an earful.

"It seems like you don't like your post as the manager anymore", I say when I see her holding two cups of coffee in her hands. "You are more eager to be Xander's personal assistant."

"Ayla", she smiles as she approaches me. "You were late and as you already know Xander hates tardiness. So someone must be here for him."

She wants to take my place so badly. Desperate bitch!

"Clearly you don't need to drink your coffee here as well", I add and cross my arms while looking at Xander. "Does he even needs someone to drink his coffee too?"

"We were just discussing about the meeting Ayla", she says while battling her lashes innocently at Xander. "We were both in need for coffee."

I'm about to speak but Xander stops me abruptly.

"Stop it Ayla", he looks at me in anger. "Get back to your work!"

Nina smiles when Xander scolds me. I roll my eyes and place his files on his table with a hard glare. Yesterday, he was okay and now he's being an ass again. I really hate him so much.

I return back in my office and sit down angrily. I'm not going to the meeting because clearly Nina is his assistant now! I really hate her so much. It appears that Xander can't hear anything against about her at all. Why?