Chapter 27

Xander pov

It's already been hours since she's gone. I don't dwell on it this time. She looked like she needed time for herself.

Earlier, I heard her conversation with Emily. Her voice was distant and empty. Someone closed as her mother figure had died. No wonder, she was crying the other night when I found her.

Thank God, I was awake. When I realized that she still did not returned in the room, I looked for her everywhere then tracked down her phone. I was so mad when I found that she was already at a distance from the house.

Without wasting time, I drove where she was. I thought she was messing with me but nothing could have prepared me when she burst into tears. I never saw her cried in this way.

She kept crying and I could not do anything about it. When I asked her, she just shook her head. So, I brought her back home and she kept staring at the ceiling all night.

Hours later......

I check my watch again. It's already been fifteen minutes since I'm waiting for her. She's gone ever since I told her to bring me those files. She's not even answering her goddamn phone.

"So irresponsible", I murmur in annoyance.

"Sir she's not inside", Scott says. "I asked the guard but he said he didn't saw Ma'am leave the building."

What? Then where is she? Is she playing another game to annoy me? Should I just leave? Maybe she's already at home. She's quite unpredictable.

I start walking towards my car but my feet starts faltering suddenly. What if she's still inside? Maybe she fell asleep somewhere?

Damn it! I must check inside myself otherwise I won't feel calm.

"Get inside and check the cameras", I order Scott while I walk inside once again.

Where are you Ayla?

"Sir", James says as soon as he sees me returning back. "I didn't saw Mrs Grey leave the building. But I checked everywhere inside. She's not there."

"Check once again", I command and start looking for her.

I can't see her anywhere. Did something happened? My heart skips a beat at the thought.

I walk past the record room but the door is locked from outside. I did asked her to bring me somes files from the room earlier. Is she still inside? Did they locked her in?

"James", I call out loudly. "Open this door"

"Sir it's been locked since this afternoon", James says as he fumbles with the keys. "I don't think Mrs Grey is inside."

"Just open it."

James finally opens the door and I walk inside. Flipping the light's switch on, I start feeling angry when I see her sleeping on the table.

I was right. She really fell asleep. Walking closer to her, I notice that the papers which I needed are scattered everywhere while she's just there sitting limply on the chair. Her head is facing the other side on the table while her arms are on her lap.

"Ayla", I call out loudly. "Get up!"

She's still not moving.

"Ayla!"

I take a few steps closer to her and frown when I step on a broken vase. She even broke a damn vase. Not paying any attention to it, I approach her and shake her shoulder.

"Wake up Ayla!"

She's still not responding!

I shake her a little bit roughly and try to pull one side of her shoulder up but catch her quickly when she starts falling back.