Chapter 9

Xander Pov

My mobile starts ringing while I'm getting ready but before I can even check it, it stops. Is it that annoying private number again?

Ignoring it, I wear my suit jacket. I must get that number investigate. Is someone doing it on purpose to annoy me? I swear to God, once I get to know who's doing this, I'm going to make him regret that he ever messed with me!

As soon as I think about this, my eyes veer towards her. Is it her? I march towards her. She's definitely not innocent as she seems to be and as far as I know her she can do anything to irritate me even if it means ruining my sleep.

I look at her mobile. Should I check it?

She's still sleeping. I smirk when I recalled how the dogs were chasing us the previous night. Why does she have to be so stubborn? If she would have just obeyed me and stayed inside the house then none of this shit would have happened.

My eyes snaps on her legs. She's wearing a black short and a long black sleeve pyjama shirt. That's the first time I have seen her legs because she always wear black leggings. The only time I have seen her wear colour was on our wedding. Her knee is all red and swollen.

I watch her sleepy face for a few seconds. She's quite a mystery honestly but I have no desire to unravel it. My life is messed up already and I don't have any intention of involving her. I still remember how scared she had been when I had caught her with the file related to her boutique. By her behaviour it definitely seemed like she thought that I was going to do something to her.

Did she thought that I was going to hit her? Did someone hit her before and maybe that's why she almost got a panic attack thinking that I might do the same? I even saw her crying on the balcony.

For someone who seems a little bit scared at times, she definitely likes to argue and disobey me almost all the time. Just like yesterday. I still can't believe that she tried to escape by a rope. She's completely insane.

I turn to leave but my subconscious stop me instantly.

"Are you going to leave her wound like that?!"

"It doesn't concern me", I think while frowning.

"It's because of you she got it in the first place!"

"I won't do anything", I tell myself in my head and walk away.

Five minutes later, I kneel by her side with the first aid box in my hand. She tries to turn on her side but scrunches her face in pain when she puts too much pressure on her injured leg. I wait for a few minutes before cleaning her wound.

What if she wakes up and sees me doing this? As far as I know her, she will definitely kick me. I remember the first time I had seen her and how she had fought with that guy only to remove a small box of milk to drink afterwards. One thing I notice about her, she loves to drink vanilla flavored milk. She does not even eat as much as she drinks that flavored milk.

She's violent and really is not afraid to kick someone's ass if they mess with her. She even tried to hit that guy yesterday with some rocks just because he nearly hit me with his bicycle.

I can't believe I thought that she was involved in a gang. Even if she was in one, the way she disobeys everything and argues everytime, they would have definitely kicked her out.

Little did I know that this troublemaker will be my wife one day!

Once I cover the wound with an antiseptic plaster after applying medicine, I then start bandaging her knee gently. My eyes fall on her porcelain long legs. They look so smooth and enticing almost making me want to touch them. I gulp nervously and avert my eyes. What's happening to me?