Chapter 35

Xander pov

Where is Ayla?

I cannot find her anywhere. I try calling her several times but she is not picking up. She can't be at the office because all the cars are still here. The cars she made me buy yersterday are still in the garage.

It's still early in the morning and she is nowhere to be seen. I thought last night, she went in another room to sleep because she looked terrified. Completely different from what she looked during the day. She looked so happy.

I ask the guard outside and when he tells me that she left the house during the night, I almost snap at him.

Is she at Kai's place?

I pull out my mobile and track her phone again. This time, I finally get her location. Once, I get the address I drive there instantly. I feel so angry at her. How could she just leave in the middle of the night?

"I cannot make you uncomfortable with my touch or presence right now. I am so sorry. Earlier, I was just touching you to annoy you but right now I cannot touch you. I can't make you more uncomfortable than you already are. It's better if I stay away"

She was crying so much. She looked absolutely terrified when I blamed her. I grip the steering wheel when I realize that she didn't just leave, she freaking ran away from me!

All I wanted was for her to stay with me yersterday night. She helped me and almost took the pain away but then she backed away completely. I was left breathless again.

Watching Emma go through almost the same thing like my Mom did, completely terrified me. Her scared voice on the phone made me panicked and I lashed out at Ayla. She was trying to comfort me by touching me but I just shrugged her away.

Whatever happened has shocked her and she ran away. I have to get her back.

I made a mistake. I should not have blamed her without knowing anything. Even if I would not have reached there as soon as Emma had called, nothing would have happened. She was safe in her room. The fire was mostly in the living room and kitchen. She had already called for help.

I reached the address shown on my mobile and get down quickly. I swear to God if this is Kai's place, I'll lose my shit.

A woman in her mid forties appears and walk in the same direction as me.

"You must be Ayla's husband", she says suddenly.

How does she know me?

"My apology son", she continues in a friendly tone. "Before leaving Ayla showed me your picture"

"Has she left?", I demand.

"She showed me her wedding picture months ago", she corrects herself. "I come to tidy up her place every two weeks. She left one of her keys with me"

Oh, so this is her house. Atleast, a little relief.

On instinct, I just twist open the door and find it open. My heart rate speeds up with alarm. Did someone break in? Is she hurt inside?

"Stay here", I tell her elder woman and walk in.

It's quiet inside and everything seems to be in place. I look at the couch and there she is. Sleeping. I check everywhere else. Nobody is inside beside Ayla. Seems like she forgot to lock the door.

I walk outside again.

"Is Ayla inside? She is okay right?", she questions with concern.

"She is sleeping", I tell her. "She forgot to close the door"