Chapter 36

Ayla pov

I stare at Xander for a few seconds and nod. He has already seen me in this state so I might as well tell him the reason.

"Tell me what he did", he demands softly but his face is anything but soft. He looks angry.

I don't want to speak as well. I am very embarrased because of the stutter. It came back after years. The fear of taking another life brought it back.

"Talk to me Ayla", he adds patiently.

He is being so patient and caring. I am still wary because of the sudden change in him. What if he just throws everything back on my face?

He did said that he was just pitying me last time because no one gives a shit about me.

"It-t d-does n-not ma-matter", I stutter and look away.

"It matters to me", he confesses suddenly and inching closer he cups my face into his big warm palms.

He looks so sincere and I find myself unable to look away. My heartbeat quickens as he leans his face closer to mine. "Talk to me Ayla. Tell me what he did and I swear I will make him pay for him."

Is he being protective for me?

"Y-you ca-cannot do an-anything a-bout it", I tell him honestly because Father's anger is personal towards me. I can't escape it.

When he is about to speak. I shake my head. "I d-don't want t-to s-speak. It-it's ti-tiring."

His gave softens and he nods. "Did you used to do anything to stop it?"

I nod without thinking.

"What was it?"

I make a smoking sigh.

"Smoking? You smoked cigarette to calm yourself?"

I shake my head because it was not exactly cigarette.

"You smoked weed", he states in realization.

"Well, too bad I am not going to let you smoke that", he adds firmly and removes his jacket.

My heart jumps for some reason. When he starts unbottoning his shirt, my eyes widen. What is he doing?

My gaze roams on his naked torso, taking in his inked skin as he leans closer.

"There's another option", he states.

"What?", I whisper.

"Sex"

My heart leaps in my chest. I start shaking my head and lean my head back.

"Sex will release endorphins and oxytocin in your body", he explains. "It will help to relax your nerves and take off the stress and fear."

Oh my God! How is he saying all that with a straight face? I am actually turning red.

"Your body needs dopamine right now", he continues. "Sex does help with anxiety"