Chapter 24

Ayla pov

I look at my reflection once again. It's already the day of the party and as much as I am dreading to attend it, I want to see Xander's reaction on seeing me with this dress.

I look hot. I was thinking of wearing the dress that I wore and showed him on the other day but then changed my mind. This dress has a long slit on the front and it stops till my mid thigh. When I take a step forward, my whole leg is out.

It's has long lace sleeves and it's all net at the top as well. It's stick like a second skin on my figure. My favorite part are the sleeves. They come with lace gloves, already stitched on the material. My heels are black as well and I pair my dress with a few golden jeweleries.

I bought all of this with Xander's card. And I have spent a lot. Like a lot.

I bought myself a whole new wardrobe of clothes, shoes, bags and a lot of other stuff. I just wanted to spite him. I don't even need half of the stuff.

Honestly, I was tired of wearing boring clothes as well. I have always hidden myself behind baggy clothes. And I have constantly wear tshirt, jeans and casual clothes to work. I am myself a designer yet I wear boring clothes.

It's all because of him.....

"Not now Ayla", I tell myself.

It's high time for a change and I am so ready for it.

I apply a light makeup and finishes with a blood red lipstick. Once, I put down my hair, I admire myself for a while. It's been a while since I felt beautiful. I promised myself to make Xander drooled at my sight tonight.

He has insulted my choice of clothing and now he shall regret it.

I spray my favorite perfume and taking my clutch, I walk downstairs. I see Xander standing with his hands in his pockets. He has his back towards me. When he hears the sound of my heels, he turns around.

Ladies and gentleman, he is stunned.

I bit back a smile and climb down the stairs without breaking eye contact. He does not look away as well. His gaze scans my figure from top to bottom and momentarily it remains on my leg.

"You were supposed to wear the other dress", he states, his gaze never moving from me.

"The one I showed you? Change of plan. I am wearing this now", I walk past him.

Seconds later, he follows me and we get in his car. I feel his gaze on me for a few seconds but ignore it. He finally twists the key in the ignition and the machine roars to life.

Xander stops the car at a red light. I put the radio on and a gentle music starts playing.

I lean my head back and keep my gaze outside.

Suddenly the music stops.

"Why did you turn it off?", I ask.

"I don't like music", he replies.

"Only pshychopath dont like music", I murmur.

"I heard you"

We finally arrive there and I get down quickly.

"Behave yourself infront of Emma", he orders.

I just roll my eyes in responce to piss him off. We walk side by side until Emma notices. She looks absolutely gorgeous in a dark green dress. She waves enthusiastically at us and makes her way towards us instantly.

"Ayla", she wraps her arms around me happily. "I am so happy you came."

"Thanks for inviting me. You look gorgeous", I tell her.