𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫

Violet arrives in front of her home after a long three-hour train ride and a portkey from Kings Cross to Devon England. She stands with a small trunk in her hand and a disgusted frown on her face at thought of her mother and what she did. There's nothing more upsetting than finding out about a decade long secret and piecing the clues together of everything.

She lets out a sigh and begins to walk forward as her heels click on the stone pavement and the two guards outside of the gate open it for her. Her parents bought the most expensive house in town, thirteen bedrooms, two floors, a grand foyer, marble floors, a ball room. Violets mother said she needed a big home; she bets her father regrets it now.

As Violet reaches the front doors, they open and Violet hears loud chatter coming from her fathers office. She drops her trunk and coat with the maid and rages towards the office doors. She swings them open without a warning knock and the conversation that was going on stops and she notices that her father is talking with Draco Malfoy.

"Daddy." She sighs and bats her watery eyes at her father. "I'm so sorry!"

Ignoring the conversation and Draco's company, Carl stands up and goes to hug his daughter with sadness. Violet hugs him back tighter and her eyes lift up and meet with her Professors eyes as he sits back in one of the office chairs and clenches his jaw.

"Your mother is upstairs." Carl informs Violet and places a kiss on her head before taking a seat in his chair. "Violet please say hello to Mr. Malfoy."

Manners. Right. One of the most important things in the Blishen family.

Violet sophisticatedly turns her body and smiles at Draco. "Good evening, Professor." She turns back to her father and smiles a real smile. "I'll see you later daddy. Forgive me for interrupting."

Carl gives her a nod and Violet turns towards the doors and walks out, eyeing the maids in the corner who are whispering and looking at her. She brushes it off and walks up the stairs while holding onto the banister and rushing her speed.

"Lara!" Violet shouts as she reaches the master bedroom at the end of the corridor. She slides the doors open and sees her mother sitting at the end of the bed with her head buried into the tissue that's in her hand. "You are crying?!"

Violets mother looks up with her eyebrows furrowed and she swallows her tears. "Don't speak to me that way I am still your mother!"

"Apparently, we should tell the entire world not to speak to you that way because you're obviously mother to half the population!"

Lara slaps Violet across the face and she quickly regrets it and gasps into her hands. "Violet –" she grabs Violets face and cries even harder. "– you don't understand. I never meant to be unfaithful to your father, he's a good man."

"A good man?" Violet mocks and steps back from her mother. "He's a great man! If you thought him a good man and never meant it as you say, you would have never done it! You just can't admit that you're a whore who cheats on her husband and gives her babies away!"

"Get out of my house!" Lara cries out and points towards the door. "You think you can come in her and disrespect me? The woman who birthed you! Violet I don't recognize you anymore!"

There's a small moment of silence and then it hits Violet.

"You're kicking me out?" Violet gasps and feels her tears start falling down her pale cheeks. "I'm your daughter!"

Lara walks towards the door and shouts out, "Clarissa! Pack Violets belongings and leave them at the front door!" When she hears hesitation from the maid she enrages and steps out towards the railings. "Now Clarissa!"