𝟖: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫

There's so much crying for a teenage boy. Violet has never seen a boy her age cry this much, especially in front of friends. They may all be in a secluded into Violet's bedroom after locking out Genevieve with a spell but still, this is a lot of crying. However, she knows how this feels, not that it's close to what happened to her but it's just the same.

"Scorp –" Cressida runs her hand up and down Scorpius' back as he cries into his shirt. "– that stupid writer has absolutely no life so why do you shed precious tears over dumb words."

Jean turns around and snaps his fingers at Thomas, signaling for another tissue for Scorpius. Thomas looks around frantically and Violet huffs as she takes a tissue from behind him and hands it to Jean.

"I get first hand how betrayed you must feel." Violet sighs as she walks towards Scorpius and takes his teared-up face into her hands. "But you need to know that none of this is your fault. You're not responsible for any of this, you are higher than all of this bullshit!"

Scorpius squeezes his eyes shut, letting more tears drop down his cheeks and onto Violets hands. He raises his hands and wraps them around her wrists, sinking his face into her palms and letting everything out. He really likes Violet, in so many ways but her doing this right now is all he can ask for and all he needs.

"Look at me." Violet commands and shakes his head. "You need to look at me and get up! You're stronger than this and you need to lift you chin up and show all those assholes out there that their whispers and stares don't phase you! Scorpius you're a Malfoy for Merlin's sake! They should fear you and respect you!"

"Thank you." He cries and looks around at everyone else who's surrounding him with worried eyes. "All of you, thank you."

Thomas takes a seat next to Scorpius on Violet's bed and he rubs his shoulder. "That's what we're here for man. Since we were in womb, friends forever."

"And now Vi is with us." Cressida laughs with tears and she places a kiss on Scorpius' head. "We're all here for you till we die."

There's another louder knock at the door and Jean angrily stands up, thinking it's Genevieve again. He curses while open in the door and he stops talking immediately. "Professor Malfoy, Hi."

Violet turns to the door and sees Draco standing at the door with Astoria behind him and worried looks on both of their faces. Astoria runs in first and carelessly pushes Violet aside to grab Scorpius. Violet scoffs and steps back, feeling her back hit Draco's chest with a hard thud.

"Sorry." She whispers and feels his hand wrap around the side of her waist and pull her back against his chest. "What are you doing?" Her voice is over shouted by Astoria's sobbing and loud apologies.

"Thank you for taking care of Scorpius." He whispers and pushes her hair back so his lips can graze against the top of her ear. "You're amazing you know that?"

What is she like his step mom now?

"Yeah of course." She whispers back and pulls her face away. "Just as amazing as your wife who's like four feet away from us?"

Violet walks away from him and goes to sit next to Thomas who's sitting on Genevieve's bed with his feet extended out and his head leaning against the wall. The rooms quite small for seven people, especially tall people who are crying and shouting. Violet curls up next Thomas and her pulls her in by throwing his arm around her shoulder and leaning his chin on her head.

From the opposite side of the room, Violet can feel Draco staring at them with these raging eyes. He's jealous of someone that's twenty years younger than him while his wife is holding his hand.  Violet has no intention in getting into things with Thomas and she's not doing this to get Draco jealous; she's doing this because Thomas actually gives good hugs and she's trying not to give angry faces to Astoria, at least not in front of her face.