𝟏𝟖: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐀 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

One Week Later: October 3nd 2018

The cold platform is filled with sad goodbyes, cold wind, train smoke and tears from everyone including Violet. Everywhere she turns, she sees families struggling to let their kids go back to school after having them for an entire week. She can't stand to be here any longer but for some reason her legs are glued to the floor and all she can do is stare. Stare at the train and feel nauseous from all the alcohol she's been consuming. Her lips are dry, her eyes are red and her breath reeks of alcohol. There's no way she's getting on that train like this, she can't bare to step on it because that train is taking her directly back to Draco.

Violet continues staring at the train and blinking in shock when she notices she's becoming the only person left on the platform. Everyone is getting on that train with no trouble or second thoughts. How do they do that? Violet definitely wants to know. She's cold, seeing as she's wearing thing black leggings and a black turtle neck. It's not the best but it's all she can bring herself to wear.

She turns around and starts walking away from the train but Theo appears in front of her and he starts pushing her back. "Oh no you're not going anywhere but on that train." He growls and takes her trunk from her hand as he turns her around to face the train once again. "It leaves in two minutes, either get on the train or come with me to breakfast and I'll apparate you to school?"

"Is there an option where I don't go at all?" Violet coughs and it causes Theo to groan in disgust at her alcohol breath wafts into his face. "I may have been drinking, it's my way of coping now. Alcohol and chocolates."

"That's not what was supposed to happen when I introduced you to that coping mechanism Violet! Not at all." Theo puts his arm around Violet and leads her away from the train who has now began to trail away with loud thuds. "I am going to give you a sobering potion and then we're going to have a delicious breakfast. Then we'll talk and get you to school."

Theo doesn't give Violet a chance to talk but it's also mostly because she herself doesn't have anything else to say. She's out of words and couldn't care less to even speak up or say a snarky remark. It's been an entire week where all she does is grunt at Theo every time, he comes over to check on her. She can't do anything without him popping up in front of her and leading her in a different direction he think is better for her.

As they exit King's Cross, Theo leads Violet towards a black Bentley he recently bought himself. He opens the door of the passenger side for her and she gets in with struggle but with success as she slams herself on the red leather seat. Theo places Violet's trunk in the boot of the car and he runs into the drivers seat, smiling cheekily at Violet.

"Waffles?" He questions as he starts the engine and places his hand on the gear lever and puts the car in reverse. His ring full hand wraps around the lever and Violet stares at it before looking out the window and listening to him. "I know an amazing waffle place."

"Waffles sound fine." Violet shrugs as she pulls her phone out and starts scrolling through Instagram with a pouting face. She's trying to hold back a smile because she loves waffles and being drunk just makes her love them even more. She breathes in and repeats the same words. "Waffles sound fine."

Theo chuckles and steps on the gas, causing Violet to yelp and laugh loudly for the first time all week. As always, it's Theo picking her up and making her laugh with the stupid things he does. Even if it's just speeding in a car, it makes her laugh.

Violet rolls down the windows and let's her hair out of her ponytail so it can fly around and make her feel free. The fresh air instantly hits her face and she almost feels sober and normal for just a couple of seconds. She turns to look at Theo and she throws her head back, letting her body relax. Maybe after all, she just needed a car ride with the windows down and the wind blowing in her hair.