𝟗: 𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

"It's been an entire week –" Draco paces the room as Violet speaks to him from his bed. "– I mean an entire week should have been enough time for her to at least unlock the door and speak to one of us, right? Or am I just being insensitive?"

Draco and Violet have locked each other out this entire week as well. Ever since him and Astoria had burst into her dorm room, Violet found it weird to continue talking to him. However, Cressida has been worrying her and everyone else is choosing to ignore it and go on with their lives as if their friend isn't starving herself under them. Draco has been trying to talk to Violet through the whole week, during first period, during dinner. Sadly, Violet was persistent on staying out of his way and now she's here, sitting on his bed and ranting her entire week to him while he listens.

"I do think that it's unhealthy." Draco responds to her rant as he serves himself a glass of Brandy. "But people cope in different ways and I know Cressida since she was in her mother's stomach and she's strong. She'll get through this; you just have to let her."

Violet takes the glass out of Draco's hand and chugs it herself before answering. "You people are so complicated."

Draco looks down at her hand wrapped around the glass and he scolds her. She had completely forgotten about the ring. "Is that Theo's ring?"

"Uhm, yes." Violet closes her hand into a fist and hides it under her leg. "He gave it to me the day I arrived at Nott Manor. I have no idea why but he insisted."

A raged look takes over Draco's face and he just shakes his head with an eye roll. Ever since him and Theo became friends, Theo's word has always been insist because girls can't resist when he says it. He uses that word to get his way in or out of everything. That and his charming smile with his never aging hair.

Theo and Draco have always been each other's competition since the day the met. That's actually how they met, by arguing over who girls would rather pick. It wasn't until they realized how good they really were that hey decided to become friends and heart breakers all together. They've never done anything together the way they were with Violet the other week, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

"Should I not have accepted it?" Violet guilts into the bed and feels her heart sink. "I can give it back if you want me to. It's kind of huge anyway."

Draco shakes his head and grabs her hand, sliding the ring back on. "Keep it. It's not my business to tell you how to live your life or what to accept." He takes a ring off from his hand and slides it onto her next finger, causing Violet to scrunch her eyebrows together. "Take mine as well. That way things are even."

She looks down at her hand now full of hers and both of their rings and she fakes a smile. It's not that she isn't happy but she doesn't understand why everything has to be a competition. Things won't change over a Quidditch ring, much less with Theo.

"Anyways." Violet shrugs it off and looks up at Draco. "What are you wearing to the ball? It's next week and I need help picking out an outfit."

Draco smiles, as though he's been waiting for her to ask him this question. He quickly turns towards his wardrobe and pulls the doors open before grabbing a hanger that's holding a white cover with something inside. "Take it –" he hands the heavy item to Violet and she lays it on her lap with confusion and curiosity. "– it's yours Violet. Open it."

Violet's lips curl up into a big smile as she begins to unzip the white cover and her eyes light up as soon as it's open. Inside, there's a red dress that is practically lingerie but in a fancy way. It's a red corset that stops at the hip and a red silk fabric that wraps around the neck and around the waist and falls down to the ground. All while leaving her breasts, shoulders, and a gap of her thigh exposed.