𝟑𝟑: 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐀𝐦

"We're going to need more healers!" Violet can hear the shouts of Healers as they drag her wheeled bed through dim halls. Her mouth is covered with an oxygen mask so they can't hear the mumbles coming from her mouth. "Miscarriage coming through!"

Violet mumbles more words but all the Healers taking care of her are too busy shouting to notice. It's important to help someone when that someone is the Minister of Magics daughter. She picks up her arm weakly and wraps it around the wrist of the woman healer who's hand is gripping the metal bed.

The woman's head turns down to Violet and a concerned smile grows on her face. "You're going to be alright darling; you are in good hands." she clears her throat and looks towards the doors they're about to pass. "This is where I leave you honey."

Before Violet can object to the woman leaving, her bed is rushed into a cold, white room. Her eyes scan the bodies surrounding her and she sees two men Healers pushing Theo away as he forces himself into the room. He continues trying until Violet's father kicks him out with hurtful words.

"Patient Violet Blishen, age nineteen –" the trainee healer speaks with a quill and clipboard in his hands, hovering over Violet's body. "– appears to be suffering from a miscarriage at two weeks and is allergic to Dittany." He pauses for a bit and turns to the Healer brewing a potion. "How will we heal her, master? She's allergic to a crucial ingredient."

"We don't need Dittany to make a strong healing potion Liam." the Healer speaks as he pours the liquid into a drinking glass and hands it to another trainee. "Make her drink this while I get a woman to do this procedure. I suppose she'll feel more comfortable with one."

The trainee lifts the glass up to Violet's lips as he hold the oxygen mask in the other hand. Violet swallows weakly and feels her stomach start to boil in pain.

"It hurts." she slams her head back and a wail of pain escapes her mouth. "Dad! Where's my father?! Ahh!"

"I'm right here my princess, by your side." Carl squeezes her left hand and holds it up to his lips, closing his eyes to whisper a prayer. "Please Merlin, don't take away every life my daughter holds in her stomach. Don't let this curse fall onto my family, don't let past mistakes condemn the life of my daughter."

Violet may have her eyes closed but she heard what he said clearly. About a curse and past mistakes. She's now wondering what it is that he's talking about. All these secrets and betrayals are making her trust issues question everything said by anyone. If a curse is on her family, she wouldn't know about it and that's killing her.

Her eyes open when she feels two cold hands on her shins, pushing her legs up on metal flats. She sees a woman Healer taking a seat on a chair and sanitizing equipment. Violet shakes her head with murmurs, asking what the woman is doing.

"Don't worry darling, I'm here to heal you." the woman speaks kindly as she uses scissors to cut through Violets underwear. She sighs and throws the bloody material in a bag. "This will hurt but you must not close your legs."

The lady begins counting down quietly as she grabs a large clamp and holds it against Violet's vagina. Carl is looking away, pained to see his daughter go through this but Violet is squeezing his hand as the cold metal grazes her skin. Before the Healer gets to the last number, the large clamp is pushed into Violet.

"Keep her down!" she shouts out.

"It hurts!" Violet sweats and squeezes her fathers hands, tears rolling onto the pillow under her head. "Ahh!"

*****************

"Violet, my sweet Violet." Theo whispers as he sits at her bedside in Nott Manor. "Please be okay."