𝟐𝟏: 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"Mon Dieu! Violet Blishen, quel spectacle pour les yeux endoloris."

Violet grows a smile on her face at the familiar voice behind her. She puts her mug in the air and turns around, running over to the girl. She laughs quietly before throwing her arms around her and kissing her cheeks out of courtesy. "Camille! Mon ami !" Violet grabs the pale girls face and looks at her bloodshot eyes. "Muggle weed?"

"Shh, we're not allowed to speak English in the corridors anymore." Camille whispers as she takes a hold of Violet's hand and secretly guides her through the halls and down to the basement that staff believes to be closed down. However, the students have been using the basement for ages.

"Camille! Tu ne m'emmènes pas à une fête, n'est-ce pas ?" Violet questions before pulling Camille back just on top of the basement door. Their hard halt causes the door beneath them to rattle and Violet tilts her head.

See, the basement door is hidden under a red rug so students know which one to lift up so they can get inside. It's easier to hide from staff who couldn't care less about rugs. Camille giggles at Violets question and bites her bottom lip with a smile and wide eyes as she lifts the rug before jolting the wooden door open.

"Oh Violet, you should know me already." Camille whispers in English now that the bottom half of her body is under the floorboards. She lifts her hand and signals Violet to follow her down, making Violet obey and shut the door once she's completely under.

There's faint music playing deep into the basement, along with the strong smell of muggle weed and distant laughs. Camille pats her trousers down and starts walking towards the sound with Violet behind her. Violet feels as though her heart is skipping a beat because there is one person, she's not so eager to see again. Both girls enter a room with disco lights and smoke filling the air and all of Violet's old friends are sitting in a circle. They look up when they hear footsteps and all of them stumble up to go say hi to Violet.

"Violet!"

"Guys!" Violet cheers and laughs when she's attacked by multiple hugs, all at the same time. She throws her arms around them all and let's go of the two boys to hug the two other girls. "Bridgette! Amelie! I missed you both so much!"

"We missed you too!" Bridgette gasps and lets go of Violet to cup her face and admire her after all these months of not seeing her. "Oh goodness! What are we going to do about –"

"Violet?"

Everyone slowly turns their heads to the voice and Violet closes her eyes as she turns herself in a scared motion. "Hi, Adam."

The boy inches closer and scolds her. "Hi, Adam?!" He shouts in her face before repeating it. "Hi Adam? You leave, no note, no call and show up after seven months and you say; Hi Adam?"

Violet has no idea how to explain that. Adam was her boyfriend for two years; she doesn't know how she kept him satisfied so long without sex. Well, she does but it's not something they like to talk about. She loved Adam so much that she didn't want to hurt him when her parents told her the news about Hogwarts and moving. So, she decided she'd leave without saying anything and run away from the problem. She never thought she'd see him again, let alone have to explain herself.

"I'm back, I'm here now."  Violet responds and walks forward to place her hand on Adams cheek like she always used to. And as he always did, he closes his eyes and gasps happily at her touch. "All of December at least."

Adam clenches his jaw and drops Violets hand off his cheek before walking away to sit in a circle by the fire. There's nothing Violet could say or do that will make him forgive her for breaking his heart the way she did. He waited patiently for her for two whole years and then she left and made him wait even more months for her. Now she's back but it's not the same. His heart was broken by her and now that the pieces are finally being picked up, she decides to come back and break the pieces left.